A week ago I was generously tagged by a lovely dark friend, for The Darkling Tag.
Thank you, Franny, for thinking of me! So without further ado:
THE DARKLING TAG!
- What is your favourite candle scent? We suck at scented candles in Sweden, but from what I've gathered so far it's usually something wintery spicy with a hint of vanilla.
- Do you have a favourite book? A few, but the one that still lingers for its beautiful yet Spartan prose is 'Catching Shellfish between the Tides'
- Are you a tea or coffee person? Both. I have a large vanilla latte every morning, but I drink fruity tea all through the day.
- What is your favourite perfume/cologne? I don't wear perfume, but like with everything else I tend to lean towards spicy vanilla scents.
- Do you have a celebrity crush? OMG, I had so many in my younger years - Patrick Swayze, Johnny Depp, Keanu Reeves... But right now? Hmm, not really.
- If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? I can't claim to ever really have been a true goth, and Swedish names are just so un-goth ;) Though I always liked the hippie names, like Rain or Autumn.
- What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? We get very little hot weather, thankfully. But even then I'm always the one seeking the shade, never going to the beach - and SUNSCREEN ON NOSE.
- What song always makes you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band?) I am a clinically depressed person so you would think that's a hard one but I have a few; I can see clearly now (Johnny Nash). Start Wearing Purple (Gogol Bordello). Trouble (Pink). Single Ladies (Beyonce)
- Are you active in the arts (eg. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? Yes, I call it 'fidgeting' - when you keep your hands busy with creative things - sewing, painting stuff (not canvas), gluing stuff (that's a big one).
- What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Hmm, gardening?
- If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be and why? SUCCUBUS, obviously. I'm a violent, feminist, vengeful and terribly sad creature.
- What horror monster-bases super power would you have? I always wanted to be invisible, then to be able to morph into any person, like Mystique. But then I heard someone say 'teleporting' and I thought of all the horrible people I could sneak assassin... No. No, I didn't say that.
- Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths or gothy people (online or irl)? Why or why not? Always. I am mostly uncomfortable with the deeply "well adjusted" delusional (and often religious) people. Anything else is welcome in my world, and I am happy to learn from them.
- Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? I have always felt very much alone in just being...well, me. I was a part of a fabulously angry group of feminists once, but with time, circumstance and death, we scattered to the winds. Since then I have had a really hard time finding a 'place' for me. I guess I miss the quirky, bold, intelligent, emotional, well-read and yet single, strong, crazy, adventurous women we were. I will never be a wife and a mother.
- Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness”? Never had one, because I never went beyond the imposed limits on appearance. Though I have been called a crazy communist, feminist, lefty several times. But I take that as a compliment.
- How are you at DIY? Are we talking outfits or interior design - or civil unrest? I would say I'm pretty good at all of them.
Confessional (aka True or False):
- I love watching cheese romance films. False. No, not really.
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night. True. Yes, I have terribly dry skin.
- I sleep with plushies. False. No.
- I wear non-black pyjamas most nights. Hmm, black, grey, purple.
- I think Andrew Eldrich is overrated. Don't know who he is.
- I don’t like vampires. False. I still love vampires.
- I don’t like clubs. False. I wish there had been more to choose from when I was younger, and I still wish for that. Actually just heard of a club for 50+ opening in my hometown and though; "Wow, great!"
- I don’t enjoy graveyards. Graveyards in Sweden pretty much suck, but in other places they are beautiful. So I'm neither here nor there.
- Blood makes me queasy. No, but seeing an open gash in someone I love actually makes me faint, as I learned the hard way.
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider. I'd go either way on that too.
- I don’t like haunted houses. False. I LOVE them.
- I’ve never read Dracula. False. HAHA, false. Read it several times.
- I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long and boring song. Unfortunately I don't think I know it. Suddenly I feel very un-hipster.
I am supposed to tag fellow darklings now and what I will do is tag fellow country-women
and neighbors; Linnea på Landet, Lesthi and Daughter of a Jaded Era.