2017-09-28

Before the journey, and fear, and rediscovery


Every journey starts in the mind, in the imagination. Big journeys,
life-changing journeys, have often been brewing in there for a long time.
In my case; years. When I tell people about my upcoming trip they are happy
and supportive for a moment, but then they move on to whatever task is at hand.
They don't feel the rusty cogs inside me just beginning to turn anew,
all the emotions that almost feel like sense memories. I used to do this,
I used to be this person - the unafraid Vagabond. Where did she hide all these years?

People keep telling me; You're turning 40? You seem/look/act younger!
But do I, really? Isn't it just the case that life gets in the way at some point?
It wears us down, makes us suppress parts of ourselves. Sometimes vital parts.
A faraway friend told me something the other day that stuck with me.
It had nothing to do with travels, but all to do with loving yourself,
about accepting yourself - and rocking it, whatever you do. In the same vein,
I have this little card stuck to my bathroom mirror, it roughly translates to:
You should give/feed the body something nice, to make the soul want to reside in it.





So I am making the leap, taking the trip, going the distance
- even though it scares the current me to death. Because the old me is laughing!
Curiously, she has been in charge of several things lately, things I didn't even know
I still had in me. But she is pretty smart and she trusts her gut,
so I'm gonna let her take the reins on this one. Who knows where it will lead us!







7 kommentarer:

  1. Yay! Good for you! I can't wait to find out where you are going and see your photos!
    HM and I are currently in Prague, mostly getting lost and drinking beer. Traveling is so much work but definitely worth it. Bon Voyage!

    SvaraRadera
  2. A few years ago, I booked a trip to the states by myself after having a shitty year. It was the best experiance I ever had. Good luck for your holiday.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I am so happy for you!!!! Yes!!!!
    I'm taking a challenge to date myself for 90 days! What an experience! I love what the card says! Big Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I am glad to read you there. I hope you both have a great time. And that every now and again, you look at each other in the mirror, and say, "Yeah, couldn't have done it without you."

    SvaraRadera
  5. Have a great trip - I can't wait to see what you have in store for yourself.

    SvaraRadera
  6. I am really excited for you to take this trip. Who you were, who you are now, who you will be, are all part of you and make up the whole person that we adore. The most important thing about this trip is that you relax and have fun, just be. Seeing new things, having new experiences will happen, but having fun, getting some time to breathe, that's what is important. *hugs*
    I'm looking forward to whatever you choose to share when you get back. Safe travels!

    SvaraRadera
  7. 40 is just a number... Although I felt it very much when I turned 40.

    SvaraRadera

Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...