2017-08-18

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious


Well. Where did I disappear to this last month..?
I'll tell you: To the land of travel plans!

I am completely overwhelmed. Super excited. Totally getting ahead of myself!
My Halloween dream (previous post) is becoming a reality - for my 40th in October
I will be spending 10 days in NYC and Sleepy Hollow - can you believe it?!

In New York there will be Halloween/vintage/curiosity shopping, visits to horror themed bars
and lots more fun. In Sleepy Hollow I want to see The Horseman's Hollow show, 
and The Great Blaze is already booked. And there will be much frolicking in seasonal outfits.
Best part: If all goes as planned I will be hanging out with 3 or more lovely blog friends!
I also plan to admire the fall foliage and eat myself silly on American foods.




Until then I will be busy working, cuddling with my kitties and watching my pumpkins turn color.
Unfortunately there will only be 2 or 3 this year, because of the miserable summer,
but obviously I have the best October plans so I don't mind too much :)

That piece of good news I mentioned a month ago is that I now have a permanent position!
No more worrying about how to make it through next month, asking my parents for help.
For the time being my life feels pretty stable.




My furry babies are also doing well. Recently they have been enjoying
a couple of late warm days, and little Buffy is turning 1 in a week or so (!)
Time just flies sometimes. Speaking of: Only 73 days left to Halloween!


Sorry for the scatter-brained post this time. I'm completely in day-dreaming land atm.
I hope you guys are having a wonderful summer!









22 kommentarer:

  1. It sounds so good! I wish I could go too!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's so unfair how far away you are, that hopping a plane to NY is still twice as fast and half the price to where you are..! I wish I had known you when I was 17 and went to Melbourne over Xmas.

      Radera
  2. Sounds like some fantastic plans

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is fantastic! But I might get to see you in September?

      Radera
  3. Congrats on the permanent position, that's awesome! I'm excited for you and your trip, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and I can't wait to hear about it! We were thinking about visiting the Salem and Boston areas next year because Amanda has some college friends living in that area.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, it means alot to me.
      The Northwestern States and Canada are totally on my list, but unfortunately that will require bigger funds, so it will be a while until I can visit you guys!
      In the meantime; I would love to make a contribution to your honeymoon, but I don't have PayPal - is there a way I can pay by card?

      Radera
  4. That vacation you have planned sounds like a dream! Wishing I could go meet you and perhaps partake in the awesome festivities! Money's gonna be tight though after moving, don't think it's in the cards.
    =(
    But be sure to post plenty of pictures! =D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I completely understand - though you won't be too far away, will you? I know Cat is driving up from Washington... But maybe I'm just dreaming? I would love to meet you one day though!

      Radera
  5. I am SO, SO, SO excited about your Halloween dream. I cannot wait to meet you in person and have a Halloweeny adventure!

    My pumpkin patch keeps growing and growing but doesn't have any pumpkins yet. At this point, it one starts it will not grow fully by Halloween but they're always fun to watch.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. ME TOO!!
      They release the tickets for the Horseman's Show on Monday, and I was hoping to know if you are able to join by then :)

      Radera
  6. Doing my happy dance for you! So excited about your trip and so happy everything is going well! Give your fur babies a hug from me! Enjoy your pumpkins! Big Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You are always so kind in your comments, thank you!
      You don't happen to live in the Northeast, do you..?

      Radera
  7. Life looks good. I'm joining Stacy's happy dance!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Well yes. But you know I can't just say (write) that out loud :)
      I still don't think I have processed the fact that I am going to NY and seeing far fetched friends!

      Radera
  8. I finally found time to comment. I wish I had a pumpkin patch. Love your cats. Congrats about turning permanent! It is always reassuring. Oh and yes, Halloween is getting nearer and nearer.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I know your new life as a father, and with a new job, must keep you very busy!
      My pumpkin patch is suddenly kicking into gear now, very late in the season. It does bring me lots of joy.

      Radera
  9. Yay! So happy for you! I'm too far from NYC and Sleepy Hollow. If I was closer I'd love to meet up. I hope you have a marvelous time!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ps...love those pumpkins!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I would love to meet you too! But I have plans to visit the States again, and again :) And next time I will probably do the other coast, or the south - so at some point we WILL meet :)

      Radera
  10. So Delighted for you getting to go on the Dream Trip and having more stable employment! Can't wait for you to take us along virtually when you cover it in a Blog Post!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, and oh I will! I plan on doing a proper travel diary of sorts. But first, I'm going to London this weekend :)

      Radera
  11. Det här låter jätte-fint! Jag är så glad för din skull! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack! Är du någonsin i södra Sverige förresten?

      Radera

Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...