2017-07-05

A good week



What a lovely welcome back I got in the comments on my last post!
It's so great to "hear" the voices of far away blog friends again
(even though I have kept up with some of you on Facebook).
This week is shaping up to be a pretty good week actually:

My baby boy (who's really an old man) had a weird growth and was acting off
so I took him to the vet yesterday. They were concerned he had developed diabetes
and took tons of blood for different tests, but it turns out he's absolutely fine.
I think it's just the strange new cats hanging around that's got him a bit upset.

I gave my neighbors some sunflowers I didn't have room for,
and tonight when I got home this was hanging on my door handle:




My illnesses seem to be under control lately. I have been taking
the same amount of meds for a while now and feel pretty stable.
For a few months I have been seeing less of my therapist and after summer
I am thinking about taking a break from therapy for the rest of the year.

The pumpkins seem healthy and are making tons of flowers (all male so far).
We are having a serious slug problem this year and I will have to be creative
in the growing area, but I'm looking forward to having my own pumpkins this fall!

There might be some more good news in a couple of weeks,
but I don't want to jinx it so I'll have to get back to you :)








22 kommentarer:

  1. I'd trade sunflowers for wine any old day. 😂 Glad to hear you're feeling good these days. 💜

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Right? I love making people happy with homegrown stuff, even more so when they repay me in wine or chocolates :)

      Radera
  2. Cheers to an awesome July.

    SvaraRadera
  3. It's lovely to have good neighbours. I hope your kitty gets back to his old self soon. I can't wait to see your home grown pumpkins and am glad you're feeling stable.

    Intrigued by your other good news :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Good neighbors are so important when you live in the middle of nowhere, like I do.
      I'll be sharing my good news today :)

      Radera
  4. OOoh that looks delicious! I remember eventually parting ways with my psych because it just got so repetitive, like we weren't making progress. It sounds like that's not the case for you and you're finding some balance in life, and I'm very happy to hear that. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Well, alot of the things we're covering now is on its 2nd or 3rd rotation for sure :) But mostly I feel like I want to try to go it alone.

      Radera
  5. I've heard of a radical way of dealing with slugs: leave a bowl of beer nearby and they'll drown in it. They die happy. Of course it is a bit of an issue if your cats walk around.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Beer is unfortunately not quick or accurate enough. We have so many I have to pour a string of salt around the things I want to protect. Also, I don't want to waste the beer :)

      Radera
  6. YAY! I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Guillaume beat me to the beer suggestion ... and yes, watch the kitties around it. However, you can always surround your plants with sand or salt. The salt will kill the slugs; the sand prevents them from getting across.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, my friend!
      I'm using salt since a few years back, and slug poison. The pumpkin patch is just such a large area to cover.

      Radera
  7. A healthy kitty, happy neighbors, wine, the possibility of no therapy (and perhaps more good news)... life is good! And I am so glad for you. :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can't use such words (as good) for constant fear of the other shoe dropping - but I'm not gonna stop you from doing it :)

      Radera
  8. Glad youre feeling better!

    SvaraRadera
  9. I am so happy everything is going well and that you are feeling better! Happy Dance! Excellent you have good neighbours! Give your baby boy a hug from me!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Haha, I hug him all the time - even when he feels enough is enough :)
      I will be by your blog soon!

      Radera
  10. What nice neighbors. I'm glad that your kitty doesn't have diabetes, its awful for kitties, mostly in the testing their blood department. I am also happy that you are feeling better, that's great news and I hope it continues for a long time. <3 Looking forward to your possible good news! Hope this week is going well too!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I am so relieved too! I was already imagining having to put him down :( He's fine now, he is just adjusting to being an older cat among many young strong ones.

      Radera

Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...