2017-02-24

My Halloween baby is 6 months (!)



My little baby Buffy is 6 months old, can you believe it?
It feels like just yesterday I could fit her in the palm of my hand
but since then she has become a wonderfully cuddly, curious,
intelligent and strong young cat - with a perfect camouflage coat.

From the very beginning she was great with other cats and humans,
going only in the litter box and eating cat food, so both myself
and the family that found her think she must have had a human home.
(They asked around and advertised but no-one came forward.)

She is very vocal; she purrs, trills, meows and screams -
mostly when she isn't in need of anything, she's just communicating.
The last few days though, she has been making alot of extra noises
and I think it's because she's coming up on her first period in heat.
(I will take her to get spayed very soon!)




It took a while for my boy to warm up to her. I confess, I thought
it would be a bit faster since he loved my old girl cat so much.
But now he and baby Buffy play together every day and get along fine,
and once she gets a bit older she won't go crazy every time she spots him...

 She goes outside for about 15 min every day, but since the weather
has been crap basically since she was born her roaming urges are still mild.
She's curious about the outdoors but it can't beat the dry, warm and safe
life indoors - but we'll see what happens when spring rolls around...


Right now she is stretched out across my lap for an afternoon nap.
Happy 6 months, my little darling!



 




11 kommentarer:

  1. Happy six months to you both!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Aww, cute. She's already grown so much! 🖤

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh, no -- the first heat is coming! She'll want to outside THEN!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Grattis! Det här var en jätte-ljuvlig post. <3

    SvaraRadera
  5. Awww, she is truly beautiful!! Love!! Happy 6 months!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Happy mid year birthday Buffy. It took awhile for the two dogs to bond also, and I was surprised when Rico brought me the ball back, Chico never got a hang of that. I cant wait till it gets warmer, my house is full of fur and I'm ready to not have to pick up dog hair all day.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Funny the daughter of my friend has a cat named Buffy also for the same reason and she LOVES Halloween.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Wow, six months already? Time is flying by too quickly. :O

    SvaraRadera
  9. Aww, she sounds like she's settled in perfectly! Happy birthday to her!

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...