2017-01-18

Bat Fit, part 2 and an update



The all natural skin care regimen, update:

Deciding to switch out my entire skin care regimen right when
the coldest and driest weather struck was probably not the best idea.
There was a week when my face felt really dry and coarse,
but I made a facial scrub out of olive oil, honey and sugar
and gently rubbed my face with it three days straight.
Now my face feels like a baby's bottom, and gone are all the blemishes.
No more hydro-cortisone! No more Nivea! No more chap stick!

That's right, all I use is olive oil and natural baby oil (sunflower seed oil,
canola oil and citric acid) and my skin has never felt so good.
The only downside to this regimen is the olive oil scent.
I notice that it really lingers in hair so I stopped using it there.
And use some old clothes right after you slab it all over your body
because it can take an hour or so to really soak in.
My next experiment is to get some extra virgin coconut oil
for my lips, hair and any particularly dry spots. I'm on an all natural roll!



The meds/doctors/therapy situation

My dear dad has been paying for my therapy this last year
but made it clear that he wouldn't be able to continue doing that
in the new year. Luckily my therapist just got signed up with
Swedish 'medicare' which means I will get free sessions until August.
That's a huge load off my chest since I'm still not making any money.

In February I am seeing the doctor about raising the dose of my
anti-depressants. What I have now has been a helping a little bit
but not enough, but it's a relatively new drug and so far she has been
unwilling to stray from the dosage guidelines. Fingers crossed!

 I know that many of you commented on my insomnia in the earlier post,
and wished for me to be able to get off the sleeping pills,
but I honestly don't see that as a realistic goal for me at the moment.
For now I'm just going to try to establish some better routines.



So, how is your Bat Fit coming along?




 







18 kommentarer:

  1. That sounds amazing your new skin care regime working I might have give it try, I've recently switched my moistriser, as I have every combination skin and my skin been excessivelying dry I've switched my moisture which is amazing so much better than nivera.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I would totally recommend olive oil and coconut oil for your dry parts. For the oily parts I would stay away from coconut oil.

      Radera
  2. Hello,
    I love the sound of your new skin-care regime, and what a blessing that you'll get free sessions with the doctor. It would appear that things are looking up for you this year, already ♥

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, sweetie! Some things are looking up, definitely. What about you, I have been trying to reach you <3

      Radera
  3. How good that olive oil works wonders for you. I'm all for natural helpers... I use lush serum for my dry areas because oil doesn't work well for me. I get blemishes from that.

    And for your insomnia... I keep my fingers crossed that it gets bearable for you. Whatever that means and takes. *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. My blemishes get worse once a month, with my period. They haven't disappeared completely with the natural oils, but they have gotten better.

      Radera
  4. That's great that you found a skincare regimen that works! I've been thinking about oil cleansing because my skin is very, very dry. It's encouraging to hear that it's helping.

    I'm looking at having to make a change to my meds, too, hoping that it will help. This is a tough time of year--even here in southern Arizona (Valley of the Sun country) our days have been dreary and wet for longer than usual. Best wishes!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm sorry your skin is suffering from the weather. Sweden is unexpectedly dry for some reason, but a constant application of natural oils is helping me - so maybe they can help you too?

      Radera
  5. Your skin care regiment sounds delicious... and it makes me crave salad. Or, maybe I'm just really hungry right now.

    I'm glad your dad has been giving you and hand and that government will be able to step in for a while. I hope you get the meds you need, and that you don't have too many troubles when it comes to finding a balance with your sleep meds.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, and the first few splashings of coconut oil were crazy - I was craving sweets the whole time :)
      Thank you, dearest.

      Radera
  6. I love what you are using for your skin care! I think I'm going to try!
    I am so happy your father and now your medicare are going to help you out!
    For the sleeping you have to do what is working for you right now! One step at a time!
    Big Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words, and yes, I think everyone should try out the natural skin care regimen once at least, just to see if it works for you. It has to be better than 30-ingredient lotions, right?

      Radera
  7. I pink puffy heart love coconut oil for my hair and body. I hope it works for you as well!! I am with you on the meds bandwagon. The benefits outweigh the negatives for me, so I don't worry too much and just adjust other things. I don't know about you, but my quality of life/ability to human (work, engage strangers, leave the house, etc.) is more important than a few side effects. That is awesome that your doc is getting on the health list!! I am hoping mine does not go insane with his prices with my country's current troubles!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I am pink puffy heart loving coconut oil too! The meds I am on aren't even giving me side effects anymore, my doctor is just seriously careful. I understand where she is coming from but I would do anything to get rid of my depression.

      Radera
  8. Congratulations for sticking to natural routines. Giving up alcohol and sugar at the same time is going to be hard. When I gave up alcohol I craved sweets more because it was a stimulant. Ive been sober for three years but do enjoy sweet treats. It is doable take it day by day and good luck in the dating department.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, it was too hard for sure. I know you know what I'm talking about. I relapsed after a week... I need to find a more sustainable way to find my balance. You are an inspiration!

      Radera
  9. So much positive energy here, makes me want to start doing some skincare rituals, at the moment all I do is wash my face with the soap in the shower, noticing wrinkles and dry skin may be in need of some oiling!!! Pleased to hear you are looking after yourself and you have access to your doctor to help keep up progress x

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, I would never want to make anyone feel less than - and if there is any positive energy flowing from any of my posts, I assure you it is temporary..!

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...