I'm a total horror film buff, I watch horror/thrillers year 'round.
But October is special and the month leading up to Halloween
requires nightly sacrifices (of sleep). So here's my watch list so far:
1. Halloween (1978) - Overtly misogynistic, and still somehow a classic
2. Trick 'r Treat (2007) - I have this on dvd and watch it several times a year
3. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - Excellent recent thriller
4. Lights Out (2016) - Good recent horror
5. May (2002) - One of my favorites of all time, totally cray-cray!
6. The Orphanage (2007) - If you like this one, check out Devil's Backbone
7. Fallen (1998) - This movie never seems to get old
8. The Craft (1996) - Re-watching for the first time in 20 years!
9. What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Truly funny
10. The Devil's Backbone (2001) - A wonderful little surprise
11. The Loved Ones (2009) - Disturbing and kind of hilarious
12. Sleepy Hollow (1999) - Well, y'all know this one is a classic!
13. Holidays (2016) - Mainly to fill the nights
14. The Shining (1980) - Makes a proper horror film night
15. Lost Boys (1987) - Cute 80's guys, with fangs
16. Lake Mungo (2008) - Watching it tonight!
Do you have a watch list for October?
Any movies you'd like to recommend?
Let me know for my last two weeks of October horror!