2016-10-17

October horror watch list



I'm a total horror film buff, I watch horror/thrillers year 'round.
But October is special and the month leading up to Halloween
requires nightly sacrifices (of sleep). So here's my watch list so far:


1. Halloween (1978) - Overtly misogynistic, and still somehow a classic
2. Trick 'r Treat (2007) - I have this on dvd and watch it several times a year
3. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) - Excellent recent thriller
4. Lights Out (2016) - Good recent horror
5. May (2002) - One of my favorites of all time, totally cray-cray!
6. The Orphanage (2007) - If you like this one, check out Devil's Backbone
7. Fallen (1998) - This movie never seems to get old
8. The Craft (1996) - Re-watching for the first time in 20 years!
9. What We Do in the Shadows (2014) - Truly funny
10. The Devil's Backbone (2001) - A wonderful little surprise
11. The Loved Ones (2009) - Disturbing and kind of hilarious
12. Sleepy Hollow (1999) - Well, y'all know this one is a classic!
13. Holidays (2016) - Mainly to fill the nights
14. The Shining (1980) - Makes a proper horror film night
15. Lost Boys (1987) - Cute 80's guys, with fangs
16. Lake Mungo (2008) - Watching it tonight!


Do you have a watch list for October?
Any movies you'd like to recommend?
Let me know for my last two weeks of October horror!




 





10 kommentarer:

  1. I have a short watch list for Christmas but not for Halloween. I'm not a fan of horror films but I hope you enjoy watching yours!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Quite often there'll be a showing of a Halloween classic at the cinema. Last year it was John Carpenter's Halloween. This year, within the underground cinema at Cardiff Castle, they're showing a whole host of creepy (and not so creepy) films. I'm planning on making my way over there for The Lost Boys.

    I'm also adding Pumpkinhead (1988) to your list, if you haven't seen it yet.

    SvaraRadera
  3. this is a great list.
    Have you watched
    'the house that dripped blood'
    'tales from the crypt' (the original one)
    and
    'black sabbath'
    ?
    those are pretty good.
    I have not watched lights out yet but I'm looking forward to it.

    SvaraRadera
  4. We're doing a Tim Burton marathon this year^^

    SvaraRadera
  5. I don't think I have seen most of these and I know a couple are considered classics. I shall add them to my list of things to check out. So far we haven't really watched a lot of scary things this year. I don't know if that will change or not, but hopefully. Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Love them all!! I have never seen "Rosemary's Baby" from 1968. I hear that one is creepy!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Thanks for the list :) I haven't watched many of those... Anyway, I am a classic horror genre lover, like Sleepy Hollow or Dracula. I am not in favour of bloody with murder horrors (just read about "May", ufff, such a disturbing story).

    My suggestion will be Bram Stoker's Dracula, Exorcism of Emily Rose, Conjuring 2...
    But overall I would really love to get time to watch Harry Potter movies gaian :))

    SvaraRadera
  8. I always watch Hocus Pocus, Practical Magic, and The Witches. I think I will add re-watching The Craft this time around.

    SvaraRadera
  9. Misogynistic Halloween? I always found it genuine in its portrayal of teenagers. My favourite horror movie with The Shining.

    SvaraRadera
  10. I love 8, 12 and 15. I'm not really into horror

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...