2016-08-03

Late 2015 - early 2016 movie quick hits



They are in no particular order, simply because I wrote them down
in the order I remembered them - which in no way reflects on quality.


The Other Side of the Door: Jeeez. Don't waste your time. Dull and clichéd.

Deadpool: Despite the occasional sexist parts I found myself thoroughly entertained.

The Conjuring 2: Very good actors and scenes, just a bit slower than the first.

Zoolander 2: Unfortunately no where close to the first one.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Some silliness, but WAAAHOOO + strong female lead!





Keanu: I still don't know what to think, but I did laugh out loud a few times.

The Martian: Like an entertaining documentary for science students.

The Hundred-Foot Journey: If you like food (French + Indian), than YES.

The Good Lie: Toned down not to offend. Still makes its point.

The Witch: An old telling of an old tale, but beautifully done.

Zootopia: Lively animated tale with solid morals/points, but sucky score.





Joy: Good story. About time women get the time of day. Nothing special though.

The Gift: Tense, psychological thriller. Nothing new, but well acted.

Black Mass: The life of a sociopath mafioso, played masterly by Johnny Depp.

Still Alice: Sanitized portrayal of Alzheimer's, but beautifully done by Ms Moore.




 




19 kommentarer:

  1. The only two I've seen on your list are Keanu (a big disappointment -- not enough cat!) and Zootopia (delightful!)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed, not cat enough - and kind of the same skit over and over. Still, a cat action movie..! :)

      Radera
  2. I have watched zero film in the last few weeks. I miss it. Time to go to cinema me think.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can't live without movies, they're my escape - like many of my blog friends use books.

      Radera
  3. I haven't seen any of these. We saw the new Ghostbusters at the drive inns not long ago.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can't wait to see the new Ghostbusters - did you like it?

      Radera
  4. I saw Deadpool and loved it! Thanks for the list and the reviews! Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, it was pretty funny. I don't know why but Ryan Reynolds just works.

      Radera
  5. I used to watch a lot of movies, but I haven't seen any of these; not even Deadpool or The Force Awakens, which would be considered my taste...I guess I'm just not that interested. I'm not even hyped for Suicide Squad...:) I did download Zootropolis though; I'm going to babysit my niece sometime next week and I thought she'd like it...:D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. From what I understand you have moved more towards shows/series than movies, and I can respect that :)

      Radera
  6. Thanks - I have been looking for "The Hundred Foot Journey" for ages but thought it was called Journey of 100 steps - no wonder I could not find it!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was really a feast fro the stomach, and a Helen Mirren movie can never be wrong.

      Radera
  7. I really enjoyed reading The Martian. The movie wasn't too bad either.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I didn't realize it was a book. I understand the movie better now!

      Radera
  8. I loved Star Wars!!! I thought Zootopia was okay. I also thought The Witch was okay, nothing special, and I don't think I've seen anything else. We were supposed to go see Light's Out today but the theater changed the schedule so we missed it. I wanted to stay and see Suicide Squad or even Star Trek but no one else wanted to since we didn't have the other twin we are visiting- she doesn't like scary movies and we were in different town. So we just bought popcorn, went to the store and rented movies and got beer. LOL.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love a good horror movie, it's too bad there aren't that many of them. Something about the Zootopia story just gripped me, I still don't really know why :)

      Radera
  9. My favorite thing about Star Wars was the moment I realized that the hero was a woman. I had missed all the hype surrounding it so it was a complete surprise. I may have laughed out loud at an inappropriate moment when it first dawned on me! Apart from that and The Hundred-Foot Journey, which was absolutely fabulous, I haven't seen any of the others yet. The new Ghostbusters is entertaining and better than I was expecting it to be.
    Thanks for the the list and the great reviews, I'll be looking up Zootopia and a couple of the others.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...