2016-05-19

Lost in the garden








Spring time in the garden has stolen me away completely this year.
I spend my time planting, weeding, watering, even correcting stones.
 I am also continuing my yard-art projects, and today I made a sun-catcher
from some stuff I had lying around. It was super easy!





 
If anyone tries to tell you there's no such thing as global warming, the Swedish lilac
is here to tell you differently. In the last 30 years, the lilacs have started blooming
increasingly early. Their scent used to signal the end of the school year in Skåne,
now they start blooming already mid-May. That's 2-3 weeks earlier than 30 years ago.
I even saw a graph on it (but I can't find it now...)






 Here are all the sunflowers that were left over after I had planted them.
I don't know what I was thinking using two whole packets...
Also some little half dead strawberry plants I saved from the garden.
Hopefully I will have found a better spot for them by autumn.










This big cement planter is probably decades old and weighs a ton.
It was a sickly brownish green crumbling mess up until last week,
when I decided that some paint may at least improve appearances.
I don't expect it to hold together for much longer though.






This is the finished product of my mosaic cinder block planter.
It brightens up one of the shady spots on the patio,
but it is really at its best when the sunlight is bouncing off the glass pieces.






We have deer in our garden almost nightly, and fearing for my little
sunflower seedlings, I am trying out hanging cd's (with little bells)
all around the garden to scare them off. Though I remain skeptical.








 




32 kommentarer:

  1. Gorgeous! There's nothing more therapeutic than being in the garden. Dirt under my nails, soil between my toes...ahhhh! Enjoy!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed, I'm not a gloves-and-trowel kind of person, I like to dig my fingers right in there :)

      Radera
  2. Oooo, I'm so jelly! Your garden looks beautiful and I don't blame you one bit for spending all of your time there. Enjoy it!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I'm finally starting to be satisfied with the patio, but we have another acre of unruly weeds...

      Radera
  3. Glad you're getting gardening time, even though global warming is scary! I love the cinderblock and suncatcher. My thought on fhe CD strings is that the deer will probably think they are pretty and steal them as jewellery :p

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, and haha! So far we've only seen one deer, on the border of our property, so I'm hoping it will work.

      Radera
  4. Oh wow, you've done a lot. I like all the little things you've made and how you've decorated by your door. The kitty is also a beautiful feature!
    *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, dearest! I have been trying to keep busy, idle hands you know... :)

      Radera
  5. Oh I really love your black cat! I hope I will have your gardening skills when we have our own place.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, he's a cutie. I think my 'gardening skills' are mostly just having lots of time on my hands, but thanks!

      Radera
  6. I really love how everything looks! I correct stones too! LOL! I hope the big cement planter lasts! Give kitty hugs from me!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. For years I just let the patio and garden fall into disarray, and the flower bed boundaries have either disappeared in weeds or toppled over...

      Radera
  7. Så fin trädgård du har, gillar de personliga detaljerna!
    Jag har bara EN liten rabatt, som jag knappt sköter...jag bor i en liten stuga hos mina föräldrar, de har dock en underbar trädgård : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Jag är dålig på det här med blomrabatter, och föredrar egentligen att odla ätbart och örter. Men några sommarblommor i krukor piffar ju alltid upp :)

      Radera
  8. Oh, wow, you've been busy!^^
    CDs work well against birds, but I'm not sure about deer...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I don't know, we have tons of birds - even with cd's and cats :)

      Radera
  9. You've been busy, busy, busy and in the best of ways! I haven't planted anything new this spring, and I won't be able to start anything until after my surgery, in June. So I love the chance of gardening vicariously through you. Hm, I might start copying you and doing something pretty with a few of my really ugly pots. :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have so many ugly pots! But I need big ones, and those are usually hella expensive.
      You have so many beautiful plants in your home, and I love how you plant seeds from anything you eat :)

      Radera
  10. Oh my gosh! Your kitty so reminds me of Cobweb ♥

    I love all your little creations, I bet they brighten the garden up tremendously. I planted a few seeds earlier in the year, but somehting ate them all, possibly mice or birds.

    I hope all is well with you :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I know, I used to think that every time I saw a picture of Cobweb on your blog <3

      I think there's a big slug problem this year, after the warm winter. I know they have been eating some of my seedlings already, and they're saying it will get worse.

      Radera
  11. Wow, I love your garden idea, I think this is giving me ideas. My favourite is the recycled Christmas decor.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Haha, I love that you knew it was recycled x-mas decor :)

      Radera
  12. Your garden pics look so sunny and inviting! And your kitty looks so adorable basking in the sunlight!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is very lovely right now, so I'm making the most of it. Because you never know what the summer months will be like over here...

      Radera
  13. Love how your cinder block turned out and it looks like you found just the perfect plant for it! Your garden projects have been so inspirational that I've been hunting for some cinder blocks, too. I'm so envious of all your sunshine, glad to see your kitty is taking full advantage of it.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...