2016-04-13

Quarterly musings

 

 Today is a quiet day, a day when nothing really needs to be done.
Even though I'm on sick leave there always seems to be something pressing
- chores, doctor's appointments, house renovations etc. But not today.
Nature seems to agree. Looking out over the lake and trees everything is
completely still. (Except for all the happy spring birds who are going crazy.)

Yesterday I found out that I will get a little money from the state.
Not enough to live on but at least to put petrol in my car, shoes on my feet,
flowers on the patio and red wine in my hand. I am very lucky to have
a partner who takes care of the bills while I'm trying to get better.
However, this means I probably won't be allowed to leave the country
for a while. So any visits to see blog friends will have to wait even longer :(






 It's been a while since I documented and posted about my baking or cooking.
There's a reason for this. When the pipe in the wall broke I stalled getting it repaired.
Then our stove crapped out, and we basically stopped using the kitchen all together.
Then other things got in the way, like my man being sick, changing windows
in the house and having to change storage facilities for all the merch from my store.
The only thing working now is the oven and we've been doing dishes in the shower...






My man signed his contract and is starting the new job in 2-3 months.
His work will entail traveling to different corners of the world semi regularly
and I might be joining him sometimes, depending on my future situation.
It will be hard for me to leave my kitties in the care of someone else
(the longest stretch I have ever been away from them is 4 days in 12 years)
but I'm looking forward to traveling again. I used to be quite the nomad.




 




20 kommentarer:

  1. Yea for monies, no matter the amount! Relaxing & listen to the birds can be a most pressing matter. The local birds here are joining the chorus. Potential travel...excitement! Hope it works out for you!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You are right, these are all good things. I am just learning to identify such things.

      Radera
  2. I want one of those cheesy pinwheel biscuits!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. They looked (and tasted) even better when they cooled down :)

      Radera
  3. Wow, his job sounds exciting! I know what it's like when everything seems to break at once! Glad the state is giving you some money. I know what you mean, there always seems to be SOMETHING to do!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. His job is probably going to be pretty exciting, thanks! I'm just new to that feeling :)

      Radera
  4. That looks delicious! And I'm happy for every little piece of happiness you experience!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's so sweet of you, thanks <3

      Radera
  5. Glad to rad more news from you these days and to see that things seem to be getting better and that new opportunities arise for you and your partner. I feel your pain about the kitties. Oh and on a side note, these pictures look yummy and I LOVE Swedish gastronomy, or what I experienced of it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, dear friend. Did you see that link I posted on FB a couple of weeks ago, about my area being on the New York Times "must visit" site this year?

      Radera
  6. Aww... so good to read this post... it really does us good when things slow down a little. One get really tired when there is always something to do and somewhere to run, for me as especially on weekends which I almost never spend just resting...

    Your baking looks yumm!!! I am sure things will be fine, just keep on baking and keep on going!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I understand that you know something about needing to slow down and start over. It's always good to read your comments, thank you!

      Radera
  7. Your food looks so delicious!
    I'm glad that you got some financial help from the state, that's takes some of the pressure off. You will fix the kitchen when you can just the same as Amanda and I will fix our respective cars when we can. I am also glad that you are able to have some sick leave. It gives you some time to just be amidst everything else going on.
    Congrats to you and Cinnamon Man on the job and the prospect of future travel. That's going to be amazing! *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! Yes, the little money does go a long way when it comes to peace of mind and just the idea that I actually deserve a break and a bit of support.

      Radera
  8. I'm happy you are getting some help with money! Sorry about everything that has went wrong! I am happy your man has a new job! It would be fun to travel with him, but I agree, it would be hard to leave your kitties! I don't know what that is you made, but both look so good! Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words! Those are pizza swirls and sugar/molasses cookies, each lovely in their own way :)

      Radera
  9. Nice that you're getting a little money for the important things in life - wine, shoes, flowers and gas (for your car - not the other kind). I agree with Debra - I'd like one of those cheesy pinwheel thingies! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. They were amazing, I think I ate 6 of them in one go right after they cooled... And yes, you have the same priorities as me :)

      Radera
  10. Money, that bastard. So glad your man is signing a contract--that's always good. I hope he really likes and enjoys the work.


    Me licking the computer screen? What kind of thing is that to say. I didn't even notice the drool-worthy yumminess.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Can you eat cheese and gluten? Cause I would happily make these for you when I finally visit you, some day... :)

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...