2016-04-09

Meds update



Do you remember that one post when I wrote about losing a follower after posting
about my mental/emotional disorders? Well - since that post I have lost 8 more followers.
There may not be any correlation (they may just be people who are disappointed
in my lack of posting, or who don't blog themselves anymore) but I can't help thinking
that these are people who can't deal with/don't want to hear about the heavy stuff.
Which kind of boggles my mind - because then what were they thinking
when they started following someone called "Ms Misantropia"..?

It's a good thing I think easing the stigma around mental/emotional disorders
and spreading useful information is more important than keeping followers!
 So, if any of you out there who are struggling with depression have been thinking about
starting on meds or changing up your meds, here's an update on Vortioxetine
- that I have been taking for about 6 months now, but that is still relatively unknown:

Vortioxetine (Brintellix in Sweden) takes a looooong time to work,
there is no doubt about it. I would estimate it takes 3-4 weeks longer than any
other drug I have tried (and I have basically tried them all). 2 months ago
I went from 10 mg (starting dose) to 15 mg, and a month later I upped it to 20 mg
(recommended highest dose). So far I have noticed another slight improvement
in my mood, but I won't experience the full affect until another month or so.

The only side effect I have noticed is a temporary digestive issue that seems
like lactose intolerance - distended stomach/bowels + gassiness/burpiness.
It may not be very pleasant, but compared to sexual dysfunction,
weight gain, rampant insomnia, no alcohol allowed and persistent skin rashes
(yes - meds are FUN) it's a small sacrifice to make for a month or two.

The negative "voices" are growing more silent, I experience less anxiety,
less irritation/anger and less sadness. I still find it hard to get out of bed
and to deal with stressful things, but it's not as bad as it used to be.
The fact that I have no sexual side effects (which I otherwise experienced with
every single medicine except Wellbutrine/Voxra - but those didn't help at all,
they just made me into a complete anger ball) gives me patience and hope.

So, how are you guys doing?





 





16 kommentarer:

  1. I'm happy to hear that these meds aren't completely worthless, it's difficult finding the right one. My doc just tried to prescribe me the same anxiety medication again, the one that gave me intense panic attacks and nerve damage. She should know not to give me this pill but we see each other so rarely maybe she just forgot?? O.o
    I wouldn't worry too much about lost followers. Half of my followers don't read my blog. I think they just followed me to gain more followers themselves because their profiles are essentially being advertised through Google friend connect on my blog. I'm sure that's why, because they've never commented on blog and responded to my comments on their blogs. I don't need these people to "pity" follow me, like they're doing me some kind of favor... It's like those damn spammers who self promote in every comment.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Others and I have noticed a lot of people no longer on our GFC lists. We think it's people deleting their blogs/accts or the fact that often Blogger won't let you go over a certain following limit without deleting previous follows. Or if it's FB friends, that's been going on too. I lose 'em all the time. At least 5 a week. I wonder about it but don't take it personally. Peeps have their own rationales for doing stuff. It may have nothing to do with me or you. I find people on Twitter and FB who routinely unfollow/unfriend because they "can't handle" following too many people. I guess they think they have to visit and interact with every single person on their lists otherwise that person isn't a real friend/follower. Seriously? Idiots. It's great to hear you have a med that's helping. :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Glad to hear the new meds seem to be working! And no sexual side effects? BONUS!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Followers come and go and so do bloggers. I've lost quite a few of both for unknown reasons and don't think it's has to do with my blogging. Things change for all of us and I'm glad you are adjusting to your new meds. You have so much to offer and I love reading about your adventures whatever they might be!

    SvaraRadera
  5. I was going to say the same thing that Lexa said on the beginning about people who followed on GFC. My archival blog lost about 50 people in a few weeks, the same has been happening to other people who follow via Blogger. Thank goodness for Bloglovin'. Without that, I would probably lose track of everyone.

    Now, to the real yumminess! This post makes me so happy for you. I know side effects can be quite nasty, but when a medication does most of what we want (or at least more than any other has), it feels like a win to me. I'm very excited to know things are a bit better, K.

    I'm only a week away from my own ordeal. Well, at least this part of the ordeal. Fingers crossed that the next few weeks will bring good news (and not need for braille). ;-)

    SvaraRadera
  6. Glad to hear you are doing better. I lose followers all the time - I don't think about it too much, to be honest - neither should you;)

    SvaraRadera
  7. I'm truly glad to hear that this new medication is working out better than the previous ones. I've lost LOTS of followers via GFC too, but I just assumed it was because my posts were so sporadic.

    Have a wonderful Sunday ♥

    SvaraRadera
  8. I thought that I was the only one losing followers! Don't take it personally -- followers come and go, as do blogs. Blogging -- reading and writing -- is often sometime people do for a short time and then disappear. I also notice that the spring is an awful time for blogs! My blog's activity level has dropped dramatically. I was wondering if it was my content ... sometimes it is, sometimes not. Goth-based blogs tend to get more activity in the fall and around Halloween when we, ourselves, are chatting more about our hauls, etc.

    I'm glad you're feeling better! May your health improve everyday! <3

    SvaraRadera
  9. I am so happy the meds are helping you! Makes me truly smile!
    Don't worry about the followers! Be true to you and we will always be here!
    Big Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  10. I'm losing followers too - I chalk it up to the fact I only post about once every two months. Oh well. LOL

    Sounds like you might have finally stumbled upon something that's actually working for you! Huzzah! :)

    SvaraRadera
  11. I do hope the meds will help you to deal with your depression, and there shall not be bothering about the number of followers, it's like all in life - it comes and goes...
    Wishing you a great week ahead! Take care,
    Anna.

    SvaraRadera
  12. Glad to hear there is positive effects happening with this med. If people can't handle the truth and realness of your life that you choose to share , it is their lose. And I do love your blog because it is honest and open. I hope you have a creative and inspired week!

    SvaraRadera
  13. Well for those that stopped following you, it is their loss. You are absolutely right, doing away with the stigmas of mental health issues and medication is more important than followers.

    I am really glad you've found something that seems to be working without a ton of really negative side affects. I figure, as long as you can live with the side affects, and the meds actually help, then it's worth it.

    We are doing okay. I just started another new term of school and I am actually looking forward to this one. Right now, I am up late while Amanda is out on a carrier ride along for her job. Tehy are having the people in circulation see what it is like for the carriers and vice versa, so all the employees have a better understanding of each others jobs. I just tok a break from homework to see what was going on in blog land. *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
  14. Nice to see you blogging again. I have lost a few followers myself in the last few months, don't know why, I suspect it is because I switch blog topics as seasons pass.

    SvaraRadera
  15. I am really behind on comments, just catching up now, so sorry it took me so long to read this! I hope things are still moving along in a positive way! With the 20mg dose I am guessing it is a pure SSRI like I am now on, I am on the same dose, although I was on a much higher dose of a mixed med in the past. I think mine starts working fairly quickly but takes time to build up and really full on work, but I think it's doing ok. Sending hugs and if you ever want to talk you know where I am. :) <3

    SvaraRadera
  16. Oh and you remind me that I need to update my blogroll and how do we follow blogs on blogspot again?

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...