2016-03-21

Leftover wallpaper projects




 


A couple of months ago I spilled nail-polish remover on the old dresser
in the bathroom, and it ate through several layers of paint before I noticed.
A total repaint job seemed like too much work so instead I decided on
fixing up only the top, with patches of leftover wallpaper.




I went with the color scheme gold-brown-purple, matching the mirror
and the rest of the bathroom, but also because those are the wallpapers
myself and my parents had leftover - I'm still on a small-to-zero budget.
I am very happy with the result, I just have to varnish the top before use.




There was quite a bit left of my parents' wallpaper so I decided to use it
for a matching woven waste basket. You will need 17 strips à 110x15 cm,
lots of glue and quite a bit of time on your hands.




 Cut the strips, fold and glue them in to three layered strips.
Decide how you want the finished product to look - I had more
of the sandy gray wallpaper so I used that for the bottom to save
some purple and brown for the visible parts. Glue here and there
as you go along, just to keep the basket even and sturdy.








18 kommentarer:

  1. These look great! That dresser looks beautiful, what a lovely way to use wallpaper scraps. I think the prettiness of the paper is a waste otherwise :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Very creative and appealing.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wow, your providing me with good ideas
    Wonderful ideas on how to reuse scrap paper

    SvaraRadera
  4. Wow, your providing me with good ideas
    Wonderful ideas on how to reuse scrap paper

    SvaraRadera
  5. The walls of your parents make me want to move in with them! You certainly made the best of the leftovers!

    SvaraRadera
  6. There's French words on the mirror frame. Cool!

    SvaraRadera
  7. The dresser looks very professional! and great job weaving the little basket!

    SvaraRadera
  8. The dresser looks amazing! Let us know how the varnishing goes and what type you use. I was thinking of using up some leftover wallpapers on the backs of the new bookcase but I wasn't sure what to glue it on with. You'd swear I didn't know how to use Google, wouldn't ya? ;)

    SvaraRadera
  9. The basket is so clever! And I love the dresser top; it looks fabulous.

    SvaraRadera
  10. Lovely makeover! Indeed we shall look for things round to create fancy looking and useful projects for home.
    What did you stick the wallpaper to the table with? So it is almost like a full cover decoupage :)

    SvaraRadera
  11. OOOOO! The dresser top looks like a beautiful quilt or a fancy silk quilted jacket. (Sorry, I make a lot of associations). What a great idea to spruce up an old vanity or dresser.

    Sorry I haven't been commenting as much as I used to. I've been way too active on FB and not active enough with my blogger friends. Sending lots and lots of love!

    SvaraRadera
  12. You are talented girl! WOW!!! Very well done!

    SvaraRadera
  13. Clever girl! Look at you go. Love the top of the cabinet. And the trash basket is jut brilliant.

    SvaraRadera
  14. very beautiful - how creative of you.

    SvaraRadera
  15. The waste basket looks awesome! You are truly talented with crafts, it is just brilliant. I hope you share more of your DIY around here, since I find it very inspirational.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...