2016-03-07

Catching up



I have been a bit absent minded (and plain absent from the blog world) lately.
Time has slipped away from me. I blinked and suddenly it was spring.
Today I have a sense of rusty cogs starting back up, of changes on the horizon
- yet still too far away to make out. It's been a few months now,
when my man has been the one working himself to the bone
while I have basically been standing still. Though, maybe I haven't..?
Maybe what I've been doing is catching up with myself.



"Ja visst gör det ont när knoppar brister.
Varför skulle annars våren tveka?
Varför skulle all vår heta längtan  
bindas i det frusna bitterbleka?
Höljet var ju knoppen hela vintern.
Vad är det för nytt, som tär och spränger?
Ja visst gör det ont när knoppar brister,
ont för det som växer
                              och det som stänger."
                                                                        -Karin Boye


(Free translation:
"Yes it hurts when buds are bursting.
Why else would spring hesitate?
Why else would all our hot longing
be tied up in the frozen bitter pale?
The scales were the bud all winter.
What is this new, that drains and tears?
Yes it hurts when buds are bursting,
hurts for that which grows
                              and for that which closes.")




 



13 kommentarer:

  1. Yea, things have been left undone. Then again, a little hibernation can do wonders for body & soul. Last night I woke up to the almost-Spring in the air & am ready to complete Stuff. It's looking to be a good Spring for us both. Also, most pleased that

    SvaraRadera
  2. Man & job are still getting along.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Spring is a good time for rusty cogs to start up again.

    SvaraRadera
  4. What a beautiful poem. We may have had the last of snow here in my city, I can feel that "itch" of spring coming upon me. I can't wait to get out more.

    SvaraRadera
  5. That's a beautiful poem and I think so fitting. Sometimes you just need a break from outside things. That's okay. *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
  6. Lovely poem. Although I don't think Spring is hesitant: Spring is simply temperamental.

    SvaraRadera
  7. Beautiful poem! We all need our time! Believe you me, I know! You have not been standing still! Believe in you! Spring is here! It's time to dance! Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  8. We need to catch up with ourselves. I'm glad you've trying it out. If we don't winter for a bit, spring will never come. ♥

    SvaraRadera
  9. I think sometimes life gets bust or we just need to take a break from the world of technology. At least, spring is appraching longer and warmer days with the bit of sunshine.

    SvaraRadera
  10. I think sometimes life gets bust or we just need to take a break from the world of technology. At least, spring is appraching longer and warmer days with the bit of sunshine.

    SvaraRadera
  11. Oh, that's a nice quote^^ I feel the same way, as if I was half - asleep and the past few months have just passed me by...but I guess sometimes we all need to stop and catch up with ourselves. I can't wait for Spring to finally arrive...:)

    SvaraRadera
  12. Catching up with yourself! I like that! I need a lot of pauses in my life, not everyone can spend their life running! <3

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...