2015-12-09

Gothidays 2015 - Back in Black



Well, hello there! Long time no see.

The last few weeks disappeared into a black hole for me, and I just realized Yule
is only 2 weeks away! Yesterday I handed in the first draft of my degree paper.
I have not done as much as I should have, and I feel a bit stressed out
about the final thing being due already in the beginning of January.
Not to mention all the presents to buy and chores to be done before Yule...
 


http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.se/



I bought a couple of new black dresses for the upcoming parties and for
The Curious Professor Z's Gothimas I thought I'd share them with you.
You can't really tell in the pictures but the first dress is all black lace,
and the last dress sparkles and the tights are crushed velvet.
(And yes, that is wrapping paper in the background. Festive, n'est-ce pas?)





On Saturday my parents have invited us to a Yule concert and a proper Julbord
(Yule smorgasbord centered around pork and herring). Corporate/office working
Sweden is totally bananas about Julbord, and my man has two more
to go to in the coming week. Myself, I will be making the candy
for Yule Eve, as usual. It is something I really enjoy, even when I'm busy.

I will leave you for now with a hilarious Downton Abbey Christmas spoof.
I can't wait for the real Christmas special this weekend, it's always great fun.
(Be sure to check out nr 2 as well!)




Thank you, Franny, for giving me a reason to get off my ass and post something :)
I will be posting again for Gothimas this weekend, hope to see you then.
Now I'm off to visit the other participants!



 




26 kommentarer:

  1. I am glad that you are back because I am too- after a fashion- assuming I don't lose power in today's windstorm, its supposed to be worse than the last one.

    All of the Yule parties sound like fun and I love all of your dresses! They look so lovely!

    Love that Downton Abbey spoof too. Amanda even watched it with me.

    *HUGS*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm glad to hear you are settled in! We've had some serious storms over here in the last weeks too.

      Hope you have a wonderful Yule!
      Hugs

      Radera
  2. Fina klänningar :D Gillar speciellt den första.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack! Den är väldigt tight och "ung", men jag kan inte mostå svart spets :)

      Radera
  3. Wow - your new black attire looks fabulous!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I have a new found appreciation for all black lately.

      Radera
  4. Love the outfits especially the detail on the top of the middle one. Lovely!

    What kind of candy do you make for Yule Eve?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I love the Early 1900's inspired detailing too.

      I will be making chocolate-oats-coconut balls, peanut butter fudge and chocolate caramel - and maybe something more :)

      Radera
  5. I have never watched Downtown Abbey, but this is hilarious. And I ADORE Joanna Lumley.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Some seasons have been better than others, but this is the very last season ever - and their Christmas specials are always beautiful.

      Radera
  6. Those outfits look spectacular, Ms. Misantropia! Will you share your candy recipes, please? I only got to watch two seasons of Downton Abbey when we were in the Boring Beige Rental and we had Netflix. I so need to buy the boxed set. I really miss it! That spoof was pretty funny - I certainly wasn't expecting George Clooney. LOL

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you!
      I think I will share the recipes sometime next week, I just have to remember to have the camera out while cooking...

      I loved the poker scene downstairs :)

      Radera
  7. Nice clothes and your Xmas wrapping paper background is very clever!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Debi! Happy Christmas to you!

      Radera
  8. As fab as ever. I think I like the first outfit best.
    "A Very Carson Christmas" is still my favourite Downton parody :-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I had to look it up, and yes it was pretty great :) Thanks for the tip!

      Radera
  9. Whoa whoa whoa! You look so beautiful! Your style is impeccable, and this sounds crazy but I am absurdly jealous of your body shape.

    Homemade candy is literally the best candy there is. I hope you'll give us mouth watering photos of your culinary creations ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You just made my day, dear Mari! Thank you very much *blushing* That's how I feel when I see you in one of your creations!

      Yes, I will do a candy post next week I think :)

      Radera
  10. Goodness gracious, lady, you look fantastic! Black is certainly in love with you. I really, really, really love these outfits.

    SvaraRadera
  11. I love all the outfits and wrapping paper. excited to see more of your yule celebrations.

    SvaraRadera
  12. Wow, your outfits are fabulous! That wrapping paper background is a great idea, I would never have guessed it was paper. Loved the Downton Abbey spoof, too. Have fun celebrating!

    SvaraRadera
  13. I hope the concert and Julboard are good! You look gorgeous! Although I think the hat is meant to be worn a bit higher up the head, lol!

    SvaraRadera
  14. YUM! Julbord! I just bought a Swedish cookbook ... I'm tired of going to Ikea every time I want a special cookie, cracker, or savory item.

    Those dresses are gorgeous! And thanks for participating!

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...