2014-12-06

My cave



Blogging for 4 years, at times I've thought about sharing more of my home,
but I've never figured out how to take pictures of the upstairs.
Living in a 150-year-old small cottage, we have low ceilings,
and very little actual standing space upstairs -10 sq m at the most.
But today I wanted to share my cave with you, where I spend
most of my evenings and where I retreat to when it all gets too much.






 The upstairs is divided 2/3 into our bedroom, and 1/3 into the master
bathroom. There are two old chimneys, but only one of them is in use.






I love old things. Our nightstand used to belong to my grandparents
and is close to 100 years old. The black box used to house my grandmother's
jewelry and is originally (I think) from Saudi Arabia, and that lamp
used to be my grandfather's desk lamp but I revamped it "a bit".






The man in the moon is from the first real job I ever had,
when I moved to London at the age of 18. I still love him.
I like to use the shelves over the bed for pretty things,
interesting books and and life memorabilia. Among other things,
I store keepsakes from my best friend and blog friends there.






Obviously, Buffy has a given place, but also guides and encyclopedias
over women's studies, vampires, demons and wiccan traditions.
The lower part of the shelving is a counter top, and that's where
we put all the things that we can't fit on the tiny nightstand.






These lights are hanging over the chaise-lounge, but part of it is full
of my clothes and the other part is super hairy from being used
as a cat bed for many years, so I didn't include it in the picture.





 



35 kommentarer:

  1. That is a very gorgeous space. I really like how you have it decorated

    SvaraRadera
  2. I love your decorating skills! The place is perfection! I hope I can get that good at decorating and find such lovely things one day!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! It is a 7 year long work in progress, as are all my living spaces. Working with interior decor, I can't help but constantly thinking about, changing and adding.

      Radera
  3. You have a beautiful home and a real eye for decorating.

    SvaraRadera
  4. It's so charming. I love the slanted ceiling, the age of the walls, and treasures from your grandparents. The room has the most interesting light. xoxo

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's funny, you liking the dark light and the low ceilings - you live in such a bright, open space yourself, and I really like seeing pictures of that :)

      Radera
  5. Beautiful! I love your lush, exotic style!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I am definitely the black sheep amongst all the light-and-white loving Swedes :)

      Radera
  6. Your house looks so cozy and beautiful! I love every little thing you've added to make this old home yours, especially the red light at the bottom. It's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! I am appreciating it a bit extra these days, but it is an ever evolving project.

      Radera
  7. Beautiful! I love how cosy it looks :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much, Yvonne! Cozy is always key.

      Radera
  8. Oh my! No wonder you never want to get out (of the cave)!
    Love the bedside table.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's true, I rarely want to leave! In my cave I have everything I need at arm's reach, including cuddly kitties :)

      Radera
  9. Svar
    1. Thanks for visiting! Stay tuned for my creative space.

      Radera
  10. Lovely place. Very lovely place. And funny, my wife and I visited friends this afternoon whose daughter has a cat named Buffy.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much!
      There's a pretty big chance that 'Buffy' is the best name in the world :)

      Radera
  11. Beautiful place!
    blessings
    ~*~

    SvaraRadera
  12. Svar
    1. "Mysigt" är det absolut viktigaste ordet i min personliga inredning :)

      Radera
  13. You were so right I did enjoy this post! We both love gypsy style and purple you and I ;) and Buffy! My Chosen Collection sits in a pride of place spot as well!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm glad you did! I plan on sharing more of my home shortly, probably starting off with my creative space.

      Radera
  14. I love your space, it's wonderful! I would love to be a cat and curl up there, it's so nice and cozy!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I am very lucky to have purring kitties next to me or on top of me every evening :)

      Radera
  15. Aww, I wish I had a cave. I just have The Cave.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You can have one too! The key is dark colors and tons of textiles - pillows, throws, canopy, table cloths etc.

      Radera
  16. Oh your cave is gorgeous, Ms Misantropia! Lush, cosy and filled with beautiful treasures - thank you for sharing, I loved seeing it :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much for your kind words! I was a bit apprehensive about showing it, but now I feel better :)

      Radera
  17. I ADORE that lamp and the books behind the bed and the bed... Yes, there is a lot of adoration oozing out of me, right now. ;-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to pretty things, always thinking "I might find a use for that some day". The top of the lamp is the bottom of a broken hanging candle holder, the lace is the sleeve of an old top, and the beads is an otherwise pretty ugly plastic necklace :)

      Radera
  18. This looks so cozy, I'd love to move in with you! And thank you very much for your little package, I lighted up my life so much in a dark moment!

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...