2014-08-05

Fairs, gifts, a party and a cowl



It's been a long and busy 10 days for me, with two big trade fairs,
Cinnamon man's 40th birthday + his dinner party. I feel completely drained
and my brain is only on half speed at the moment. I haven't had time to blog
or to visit my favorite blogs for a while, but tonight I'm trying to catch up.

Unfortunately, between the pulled pork, berry cobbler, drinks and dancing
at Cinnamon man's 40th party, I forgot to bring out the camera...
But we had a great evening, and this morning my man was "kidnapped"
by his friends for two days of adventure and partying :)






I did find the time to make something however, in between customers at work.
 Every summer I get an urge to knit or crochet something (or many things)
for autumn, and I'm very happy with my new cowl. I also painted fingers
and toes punkin' orange. Can you tell I'm already longing for Halloween? :)






This weekend I received a wonderful gift from Yvonne at Winter Moon.
She offered me one of her 'The Lost Boys' dvds a few weeks ago,
but when the parcel arrived in the mail it also contained some other
beautiful things, like a purple notebook and a bohemian beaded belt.
It was such a lovely surprise and it really made my day!

I have some gifties of my own to send out and I'm planning a few more
creative projects, but the coming weeks for me are going to be all about work.
I'm expecting several deliveries and I'm changing the store around.
I know it's going to be exciting, but it's also going to be exhausting.






 




23 kommentarer:

  1. Sooo mysterious! ;-D

    The Halloween bug bit me, too, but my Piano Man said that if I didn't stay in bed for at least one more day there would be hell to pay. He really said that, and it made me giggle... and cough. I guess I can paint my nails in bed, huh?

    My Piano Man is having a birthday next week and I haven't planned anything. Maybe I should just lie down and think about it.

    Love the journal and the belt!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Happy Birthday Piano Man! Those Leos are really something, huh?

      Take it easy, rest, read and feel better.

      Radera
  2. Your cowl looks amazing! I wish I could knit or crochet a little better than I can, I can do about a straight line and that's it haha. I am longing for October here too ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I recommend Youtube and all the very informative crocheting videos that are on there. I could barely make a straight line before, but I look at video tutorials, experiment and learn.

      Radera
  3. Pumpkin Sisters UNITE!!! That Halloween Bug is pretty fierce this year, isn't it? *snicker* I'm trying to be "good" this month because of my move ... but we'll see when September hits.

    I love the cowl and the pumpkin nails are so pretty! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love the phrase 'Pumpkin Sisters'. That should be a song, or at least a blog party :)

      Radera
  4. Trade shows are exciting but they are exhausting! I did one this past weekend and I'm still unpacking from it. :P

    I like the colours you used in your cowl ... very nice with the pumpkin nails! How are your real pumpkins coming along? Will they be ginormous for Hallowe'en? :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is possible I am using the wrong phrase... I mean the type where I go visit my suppliers and place orders. Maybe they have a different name in English? EIther way, they ARE exhausting. I am completely worn out, still.

      Radera
  5. Lovely cowl! I, also, am longing for First Frost. Happy birthday, CM. So nice to feel how relaxed you are now when you speak of him :) Have fun rearranging the storefront.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, I could be without the frost and snow until Christmas (and most often we are), but I can't wait for yellow leaves, dark stormy nights and stove fires.

      Radera
  6. I can't wait for Halloween, which I think I might have already stated... So much is going on. Anyway, I love your cowl, it's lovely! Good luck with rearranging the store, sounds like an adventure!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is a bit of an adventure, or maybe more of a gamble. We've had the same shabby, romantic style for 5 years, but now we are going more adult, exotic, dark. I really hope my clientèle will appreciate it...

      Radera
  7. Halloween is just around the corner! Love the cowl and your nails, and am glad the little package arrived safely <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I was so happy opening it! I have been having a very stressful time, both business wise and emotionally. Your packages always make me feel so cared for, like there is real sweetness out there. You are the best!

      Radera
  8. That cowl is really beautiful, all those gorgeous colours, they go so well together!

    More purple things, yay! You have inspired me to wear more purple, you know!

    Lost Boys! Yay! <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It makes me silly happy to think I am inspiring people to use/wear more purple :) It's like a whole life style to me.

      Radera
  9. Snygg sjal!
    Vad snällt av winter moon att dela med sig av sina filmer :D

    SvaraRadera
  10. Lovely present from Yvonne. One can never go wrong with Lost Boys ;-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. There are just some cult classics one needs to own, right?

      Radera
  11. Oh, your nails look soooooooo pretty!!! Love the cowl too! And what lovely loot from lovely Yvonne! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I don't have good nails, but once a year in summer they grow long and strong, so I make the most of my nail polish at that time :)

      Radera
  12. Oh yes, and I found your blog through She Who Seek.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...