2014-07-07

Breaking up



You started shutting yourself off pretty early on, and it turned out it was
the battery that was causing the issue. Unfortunately after I removed it
I was always tripping over your cord and shutting you off anyway.
It takes two to tango.

I spilled tea over your keyboard a couple of times and vacuumed
up a few of your keys. You retaliated by killing the mouse-pad.
Mea Culpa.

You started shutting yourself off again, this time from overheating,
but you were put together in such a way that only a professional
could actually clean the fan (by dismantling the keyboard).
I feel that one was on you.

I dropped you on my foot until the start button broke. I had to pick out
the mechanism and after that you only started by shorting two wires.
Ok, I guess I had that one coming.

The third time you started shutting off randomly it was from a glitch
in the cord. I cut the cord, stripped the wires and connected your plug to
a cord from a 15-year-old dead laptop I luckily had lying around.
I still don't know how to feel about that one.

A week ag the right side f yur keybard sted wrking,
and I've had t cy and aste since then It's getting d
but I guess this is yur way f teing me that we're thrugh
We'll just call it a tie, shall we?





 




20 kommentarer:

  1. lol, this is how I feel about my tablet. I love it. ♥

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have such a hard time letting go of expensive things, even decades after the fact, and even when they don't work anymore.

      Radera
  2. Svar
    1. SO true. And now it really is. My new laptop is sitting in the car.

      Radera
  3. Phew! Your heading worried me for a second!

    Hmm...don't talk to me about computers right now...!

    Love the way you ended it :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Sorry I worried you :)

      Yes, computers... Always seem to have one issue or another (or ten).

      Radera
  4. My battery is completely dead now, I have it plugged into the charger permanently, not sure how long it will last. Fingers crossed. My bird also ate the delete key and the bit underneath that makes you able to press it even if the button is gone.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have gone 5 years without the battery and I don't think it's been good for my laptop...

      Radera
  5. That's hilarious! I hope your real laptop isn't in a similar state. :O

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. But it is! This is a true story.

      Radera
  6. Oh gosh, I do hope this isn't a true story! I was a bit scared at the beginning when I saw the title, no break ups of the human variety please!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is 100% true, I've actually omitted a few things..!
      And no, no human break-up - only electronic ones :)

      Radera
  7. Did you have a Toshiba? I have one and realized after I bought it what a mistake that was because I can't get into clean the fan. I saw online that you have do something called "dry vacuuming", which is very strange and I confess to being a little uncomfortable doing so.
    I hope you can find a fantastic replacement that does everything you want it to do and then some!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. No, a Packard Bell - which I think is even worse...

      The replacement is sitting in my car :)

      Radera
  8. I remember when I broke up with my first laptop. I was not sad to part with it at alllllll.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. This is only the second laptop I've had (I hang on to things a looooong time).

      Radera
  9. Love it!! :D Vilken twist du fick till. skriver du mycket? Jag hoppas det och att du gör något av det :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. När jag var singel skrev jag massor, men sedan jag blivit sambo är mina projekt mycket mer husliga - som bakning och sömnad...

      Radera
  10. First of all, your title almost gave me a heart attack. What's wrong with you! I just stared at the title for a bit, not daring to read what came next. Complete denial. If I don't read it then it's not true. Then I let the coward go and started to read... and then came the roar, lol!

    That was awesome!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm sorry I caused you distress! :)
      But you know, she's been with me for 5 years now, so it really IS a break-up.

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...