2014-06-16

What's been keeping me away



Lately I've been far away from the computer and the blog world.
Real life stuff has claimed some space; whether it's been birthdays,
surgeries, sunny days in the garden or iPad apps (yes, I confess...).
I've also been cooking and baking up a storm; pasta, pies, cookies, buns.

Usually me and my man are so focused on the food that I forget
to bring out the camera. Today though I am off, and I made pulled pork
and glazed cinnamon buns. And despite Cinnamon man (lovingly)
huffing about the food getting cold I managed to snap a few shots.




Pulled pork and glazed cinnamon buns are very American things,
and I love them so! In Sweden we don't put glaze or sprinkles
on our buns, we eat them as is - even when they are a bit dry.




Another couple of things that have been stealing me away lately
are the TV-shows Penny Dreadful and Orphan Black (second season),
and the horror game Anna (which unfortunately is completely impossible
to get through without the on-line walkthrough).





How are you guys spending these (almost) Midsummer days?




 




24 kommentarer:

  1. It looks delicious! Buns sound good!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, we ate too many... :)

      Radera
  2. Oh but frosting is soooo good! I couldn't imagine a cinnamon bun without it :P I must admit I've been enjoying the summer food a bit too much! Must compensate with forest runs :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hard truth: Exercise makes very little difference. But then again - who cares? The sun is shining, the birds are singing - and too soon we'll have to hide our bodies under layers of clothes again anyway :)

      Radera
  3. Ooh looks yum! I really like the colour of those plates too. I'm also loving Penny Dreadful right now, it just keeps on surprising me!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed! The only story I disagree with is Frankenstein's - because they really haven't reinvented it, it's the same old.

      Radera
  4. Oh, yea...carbs are my fave addiction!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You know, I didn't even realize I was only listing carbs... It's my entire food circle :)

      Radera
  5. Such gorgeous images, your dishes are beautiful <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, it has taken me a while but soon all my kitchen stuff is purple :)

      Radera
  6. I love your table! The food looks awesome, the plates are utterly gorgeous and I love all the purple!!!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you - then you are going to love my Mad Tea Party post :)

      Radera
  7. Your food looks wonderful! Also, I have been wanting to see Penny Dreadful! We don't have Showtime so I will have to wait until it comes on for rent, but it looks really good! I love Eva Green!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I might be wrong, but I think you can watch previous episodes on-line.

      Radera
  8. Such a beautiful table setting and such delicious food! I'm feeling hungry now! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I get hungry every time I read a food blog, it's dangerous :)

      Radera
  9. Delicious offerings from your table :)
    ...:)...
    blessings

    SvaraRadera
  10. Well, it seems you are living yummily. Stay away! Stay away! Then share the stories with us. ;-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. There's definitely been some yumminess and overindulging lately. But now I've at least found the camera again, and yes - I plan on sharing lots over the coming weeks :)

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...