2014-06-17

Upcycling Neo-Victorian style





Cinnamon man is away visiting friends again, which means
I'm in front of the sewing machine once more, sewing up a storm :)
I wrote in a previous post that my next projects were a couple of dresses
but it wasn't that kind of project that was calling to me today
- and I have to listen to my muse, or else projects just go sour...





A while back I sold black lace tights at the store.
I could never get rid of the tiny size small, but with legs the size
of my arms I could see the potential and took the tights home.





I started by cutting off the elastic waist band and trying them on
as a bolero. I had to cut open almost half of the inner seams until it fit me
over the back and shoulders, but as soon as I put it on I got a Victorian vibe.
Right now I am influenced by Penny Dreadful, so I knew which way to go. 




I took in the back part alot and the sleeves/legs a bit, and made a collar out of
the front part, but something was clearly missing. I raided my cloth storage
and found a silky red peasant top that I inherited from my best friend,
but that has always been too big for me and not really my style.
The hem/fringe was perfect. I ripped it off and sewed it on.






This is nothing I expect to find occasion to wear more than maybe twice,
but that's still more use than I got out of the tights and the top :)




 





36 kommentarer:

  1. Love this!! Such a clever idea too :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Love that bolero! Aren't you clever? If I looked so good in something like that, I'd wear it every day, LOL!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's so sweet of you to say, thanks!

      Radera
  3. Ditt återvinning projekt är elegant! Jag hoppas att jag kunde också se den latent möjlighet av en kläder liksom du. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack! Jag är mycket bättre på att experimentera och upcycla än att sy från mönster/scratch...

      Radera
  4. Wow, that is such a cool restyle! I love the hot pink with the black lace!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Actually, it's a dark red shifting in black type color, but thank you!

      Radera
  5. Great upcycle, I wear shrugs like that all the time in summer!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I might try on another one soon :)

      Radera
  6. Wow. Just wow. To me, this is magic.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, what a sweet compliment!

      Radera
  7. Such a creative upcycle, the shrug turned out really pretty. ^^

    SvaraRadera
  8. You've done a really great job there, well done :)

    SvaraRadera
  9. That looks fabulous!!!! And so do you! You did amazingly, what a creative use for the extra-teeny tights!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Jennifer!

      Radera
  10. Attsingen vad snyggt!!! Du är ju jätteduktig att sy och det blev så himla bra genomtänkt, smart!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh, vad snäll du är! Det var ett sådant "på känn" arbete, så jag är väldigt nöjd att det funkade :)

      Radera
  11. Very creative! It looks lovely.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...