2014-06-05

Big problems resolved



A couple of weeks ago our phone went down. We didn't really worry at first,
(though neither of our cells really has any reception this far out
in the country side) but then Internet and the TV started acting up as well
(they're all connected) and we called the service provider.

Of course they began by telling us that the problem was on our end
and that we should change phones, modems, routers... None of which worked.
After that they were pretty quick sending out a guy though, and it took him
all of 5 minutes to note that the problem was on the line running into our house.
"I'll call the diggers" was all he said before he got back in his car and left...

At that time we had just gotten the news that my dad was going in for
(minor) heart surgery. He has been on a waiting list since winter, but suddenly
a week ago the hospital called and said they had had a cancellation and could
squeeze him in. Being incommunicado during such a time was a bit of a worry.

My parents traveled to the capital at the beginning of this week
and we were all grateful that my father got through so quickly, but also
that he was given such short notice. This way none of us had time to ruminate.
He went in for surgery this morning and I just had a text from him saying he's fine.
Though I don't know how long he needs to stay on for observation and such.

The diggers arrived this morning as I was leaving for work and Cinnamon man
scared me by sending a text a couple of hours later saying: "They're digging up
the driveway". Luckily they weren't, but really they were digging through
the overgrown hill along side the driveway. Apparently it was a quick job
because right after my dad's text I got a message saying our line was fixed.

 Sometimes it seems things just work out!

Tomorrow is the Swedish Nationaldag and a holiday,
and I intend on spending it without a care in the world :)




 





28 kommentarer:

  1. That's good news! I'm glad your father is doing well, and I hope it is a quick recovery. Happy Swedish holiday tomorrow. I noticed last week that Ikea had a special buffet coming up, but I don't know if it was that. xoxo

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Maybe it's weird, but I would like to visit IKEA in USA at some point. It sounds exotic ;)

      Radera
  2. Wow, glad they ended up fixing it so quickly! Usually they muck you about dreadfully! Looks like Destiny/Karma/whatever is on your side! Sending hope for a quick recovery for your father and love and relaxation for you! <3

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I hope you are right, I wouldn't mind having some luck on my side for once.

      Radera
  3. What great news! It's nice when things happen quickly and smoothly and we don't have time to worry or get frustrated over them. Best of luck to your dad on a smooth and fast recovery and hoping you have an excellent holiday tomorrow!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed, I worry way too much about things as it is.

      Radera
  4. I'm glad it's all sorted now and hope your dad is okay.

    Enjoy your day tomorrow :)

    SvaraRadera
  5. Great news, I'm happy for your dad! :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. I'm really glad that your Dad got in for surgery sooner and is doing well! That's really great news. I'm also glad that the diggers didn't tear up your driveway and your line is fixed! Have a happy and relaxed holiday!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Good to hear things are going so well! =D

    SvaraRadera
  8. So pleased to know your Dad is doing well and your lines are all fixed...
    ...:)...
    blessings

    SvaraRadera
  9. Enjoy the holiday and the weekend.

    SvaraRadera
  10. Swift healing for your Dad! Enjoy your holiday!

    SvaraRadera
  11. "Ms Misantropy" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-sunday-drive_8.html

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You are hosting me with a picture and blog post that is years old - and also that is not mine, just so you know.

      Radera
  12. Love it when things go smooth. I'm happy your dad is doing all right. Every time I hear heart surgery, even if it's labeled minor, I get all shivery. Hope the recovery is just as fast. I'm also happy they didn't dig under your driveway!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Magaly. I think "heart surgery" makes everyone shaky, it's pretty scary.

      Radera
  13. So glad your dad is alright! The sense of relief when something stressful resolves itself is one of the little joys in life. Oh and phone, internet, and television companies pfft! Always tell you it's on your end and it usually isn't! HATE DEALING WITH THEM!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed, big companies are always a pain to deal with, especially when you are reliant on them.

      Radera
  14. Vad bra att det blev snabbt slut på två bekymmer :D

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...