2014-05-31

Lazy weekend and summer sick cats



Several years ago I planted two kinds of clematis on the patio,
hoping for an abundance of blossoms every summer. Alas, they didn't
do very well and at one point I thought at least one of them had died.
Then two years ago the deep cherry colored one decided to grace us
with a bud or two. And finally now the white/lavender one is blossoming!




My baby boy is acting a little strange lately. For several days and nights
he hasn't spent more than a few minutes inside, and has been eating more
mice than cat food. Every morning though, he has begged for his usual
piece of cheese from my breakfast plate. And every afternoon he has been
cuddling up next to me on the daybed on the patio.

Then yesterday he seemed sleepier than usual, crashing every time he laid down.
At night he came in as we were going to bed, walked upstairs very slowly,
settled in and slept all night without stirring once. Then 8.30 this morning
he woke up and threw up on the bathroom carpet, then slowly went back outside.


 


My boy acts strange like this at least once every summer, but it still freaks me out.
I make sure he's hydrated and I de-worm the kitties every six months,
but he has always been the sensitive one and it pains me that he can't
tell me what's up. Rationally thinking he is probably just trying to pass
a big piece of a mouse skull and is in some discomfort. But the emotional
and anxious part of me worries about things like Lyme disease :)




The sage has been blossoming for a week and very soon I think
the lavender will join her. I love the smell of fresh lavender in the sun,
but dry lavender in scent packs - not so much.




 This kitschy peacock was a flea market find. I spotted it on the wall
while we were making the rounds, but it wasn't until we were leaving
I realized it would be perfect for the patio. The man selling it told me
no-one had asked about it all day and let me have it for 20 kr (3 dollars).
















22 kommentarer:

  1. Oh your poor baby, he's a gorgeous kitty, I do hope he's back to his old self again soon.

    Your Clematis looks really pretty, as do your Lavender and Sage...I can imagine how gorgeous they smell.

    Love the flea market find too.

    I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I wish I could go thrifting much more often! We tried today, but it was all just plastic crap for kids and used kitchen wear :(

      Radera
  2. I hope kitty feels better. Could he have allergies that bother him only when whatever pollen is out each year? Just a thought. I love the peacock and the clematis.
    blessings
    ~*~

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's an interesting suggestion but every episode is over in only a few days and usually seem to involve his digestion, so I don't think so.

      Radera
  3. Love the peacock! I don't know much about kitty health but poor little guy! Weird behaviour is always stressful when we have fur babies!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Definitely, and it's hard sometimes to keep track with cats who are outdoors in summer.

      Radera
  4. Ouch, I hope your kitten will get better soon! Apparently, it could be caused by pretty much anything - weather changes, stress, something he eat...you know what I mean...:) - but it's still worrying. I just wish they could talk...!

    Loving the peacock thingy, by the way, it's just the right amount of kitsch...:D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, a talking kitty would be great - a true familiar :)

      Radera
  5. Ohh, look at your sweet boy, hope he is feeling better soon! My youngest has been checking out the refuge cats and is wanting to include a new member to the household, she wants an older one because they don't seem as easy to rehome, but how hard to choose, will have to like dogs and chaos ;) you bloom is sweet, first day of winter here today and people still wearing singlet tops and shorts, I think Mother Nature is having a little fun but our plants aren't sure what to do! Love your peacock find, sweet!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, you're doing a great thing, giving someone a new home. I'm sure you'll find the perfect doggy-loving one :)

      Radera
  6. The clematis is beautiful! Literally a *late bloomer*! ;) I'm so sorry your gorgeous kitty is feeling unwell. I wonder if he has been nibbling on plants that come out around the same time each year? I hope he is back to his old self soon!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That's something I haven't thought about actually... We do have a few poisonous plants around.

      Radera
  7. I would be really worried about my cats if they exhibited the same. I really hope that yours gets to feeling better! *hugs*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Right back at you - how are your kitties doing lately?

      Radera
  8. Love the clematis, it's colour is quite restful...Dear little kitty, hope he's feeling perky again soon

    ...:)...
    blessings

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, that's exactly the word I would use to describe the clematis - and why I chose it.

      Radera
  9. It is so stressful when our fur babies are unwell isn't it? I wish they could tell us what's wrong, poor little loves. I hope your little man is feeling better soon.

    I LOVE those cherry clematis, gorgeous!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much, on both accounts!

      Radera
  10. Sweet peacock! Heal soonest, little feline.

    SvaraRadera
  11. I saw another post, and glad your cat is doing better! It is always scary when pets get sick... I am sure he will recover soon!

    I loved you new patio purchase, peacock is a very good symbol to have.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh really? I will have to look up exactly what it means then :)

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...