2014-03-31

Thrifty San Francisco treasures



I've unpacked my stuff, done lots of laundry and settled back in at home.
I'm still nursing that sinus bug I caught on the plane and I think my water heater
might be broken, but I'm too tired to have a look at it. Besides, the spring sun
is warm and the kitties are happy - and I made some bargains overseas!

What 20 bucks at a goodwill clothing store gave me:




I got three dresses, two of them cotton crepe dresses in black and brown.
I love crepe in summertime. It's airy, easy to wash and iron free.
The black one is a little tight around the shoulders, but it was only
4 dollars - so how could I resist? I'll just have to figure something out.






When the sun and warmth returns I like to mix up my usual black and purple
with my third favorite color - aqua. Occasionally I also turn away from
my darkly romantic style in favor of a more bohemian Moroccan/Indian look.
 Cinnamon man told me this garment looks a bit like man's shirt but I like
the simplicity coupled with the stark color - and it looks really good on me :)
(And it's gonna look great together with my Vera Bradley bag :))



 



 At a Mexican-American store I found these great handmade
Dia de los Muertos/ Halloween party streamers. The place was amazing,
with Mexican fiesta decorations in every theme and every color.
Lots of sugar skulls naturally, but also tons of streamers with for instance
LGBTQ wedding themes. There was a clearance, so I got two for 10 dollars.



 


 I'm glad I let myself off the no shopping for the week,
it would have been silly feeling guilty about the few things I got.
But now I'm back on the wagon and off clothes shopping
for the rest of the year. I feel very content with my closet as is now.

Happy April!




 




22 kommentarer:

  1. Ah you got some really lovely things! I love the second black dress especially, darkly ethereal! How I'd love to find a Mexican store, the colours and skulls and things would be amazing!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It's actually dark brown, but who's counting :)
      Yes, the Mexican store was great. Had I had more time, more money and more bagage space I would do some serious damage!

      Radera
  2. Score! I really like the Moroccan tunic- that would be great with some embroidered slippers :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love sequined, embroidered slippers! I've had two pairs but I think I threw one out and wore the other thin last summer.

      Radera
  3. Great buys! Yeah, you definitely have to break the rules when you're on holiday! Life's too short to be that strict! ;D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed. I also gained back the 3 pounds I had lost right before, but it was totally worth it :)

      Radera
  4. glad you bought some treasures:)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Marfi! Your treasures wee the greatest though :)

      Radera
  5. I really like that teal tunic and it WILL look great with your new bag! Very boho! I'm quite envious you found a store full of Day of the Dead stuff. ;)

    Happy April to you, Ms. Misantropia, although we're still a few hours away. Hopefully it means the snow will stop soon. Friday I had to take my car to the garage to have the ice pressure-washed out from the wheel wells. They said they'd never seen that much ice packed around tires before. I am now officially tired of winter. :P

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can't believe you guys still have lots of snow... ok, I can, but it really sucks! We've had a warm spring here, 10 degrees for several weeks.

      Looking forward to picking up our correspondence once again now that I'm back :)

      Radera
  6. I like your purchases. Especially that first black dress, it can be worn for a dinner out :)
    That shirt you piurchased is called "kurta" in India, and many girls and guys wera such here.
    May be you can think of putting some wooden beads on it :O) Otherwise the color is great!
    Get well soon and be happy!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. 'Kurta' - yes, I actually knew that, come to think of it :) I might have to make more purchases from India, I also love Sarees and all the lovely slippers.

      Radera
  7. I'm in love with that brown dress. What a total beauty!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can totally see you wearing it :) I get this feeling we're about the same size and could easily swap clothes. It's an Ann Taylor LOFT, if that helps you in the least (I'd never heard of it before, obviously).

      Radera
  8. The aqua shirt is totally Middle Eastern (or Indian), and I love the gold sequinned dress. You have a good eye! Hope you get that water heater fixed 'cause br-r-r-r. :O

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I do love me some colorful Middle Eastern clothing :)
      The water heater is a whole chapter in itself...

      Radera
  9. I'm glad you've visited Cinnamon Man and hope you're feeling okay. It must have been undearable saying goodbye all over again.

    Some lovely finds though, and at bargain prices too - well done you! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was hard, but the whole thing brought us closer.

      Radera
  10. Oh wow I knew you were traveling to the states but I didn't know it was mine! I simply love San Francisco which is an hour and half from my home in Sacramento. I'm glad you got to spend time with your love. Got a little excited to see you were here, have a great week.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. If I ever visit again I might send you a text :)

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...