2014-03-29

Back home



Well, helloooo there, it's been a while!

Yes, I'm back from my short hop over to San Francisco to see my man,
and I had a wonderful time! We only had 2,5 days on the ground but we walked
around alot, ate some lovely food and spent time rolling around in the sack :)
I didn't think it would be possible, but I really felt like we made up for lost time.
While we were there my man also had the great fortune of getting to interview
with Swedish Migration abroad on super short notice, so now the last big step
of our application is out of the way. (The last small step is just me filling out a form).

On the flight over I was in a jump seat because the flight was completely full.
Four other relatives and friends of the crew had joined the stand-by list
and I just barely made the flight! The folding seat was located right behind
the cockpit by an emergency exit that had an ice cold draft, but I was just
so glad I made it that I didn't care. Though sleeping was out of the question.
Our friend and the rest of the crew were lovely though.

 We really didn't get to do much shopping, so I don't have to feel bad for taking
a break off the year without shopping. I spent 20 dollars at a goodwill store,
and the only thing I "splurged" on was a small Vera Bradley summer bag.
I got so happy when I saw the little boutique and I am thoroughly jealous
of anyone who can attend this: Vera Bradley Outlet Sale, Fort Wayne, Indiana






In time for the flight back we found out that Lufthansa was going on strike
and that SAS would have to accomodate many of their passengers,
but I actually managed to get a regular seat anyway, and to slumber a little.
Though getting up this morning was a struggle. Not only did I have to go
to work with jet lag, but I also seem to have caught a bug on the plane.
My body feels beaten up - but my spirit has been thoroughly lifted :)

How have you guys been? I feel like I've been away mentally from
the blog world for longer than since I posted last - I have just been
totally focused on my trip. But starting today I'm making my rounds,
and I will get back into the swing of it in no time - I promise.




 




32 kommentarer:

  1. The tone of your post has filled me with smiles. You sound sooo happy! Even if a tad "beaten" up by the trip and possible bug.

    Love the bag, and I'm psyched at the fact that you guys got to do one more thing towards your man coming home to you!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I do feel better than I have in a long time, hopeful :) We made memories to hold on to this week.

      Radera
  2. Aaaw, I'm glad you had a good trip and you've got to spend some quality time together, I guess it's worth to be exhausted by...;)
    The bag is fabulous. ^^

    SvaraRadera
  3. What a happy trip! It sounds so promising for you and your boyfriend. That is such a cute pattern on your Vera Bradley bag. My daughter loves their bags too. They have an outlet online, but I don't know if they ship overseas. But oh my gosh about the standby seat! I'm glad you made it okay and got a seat on the way back.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I checked out their Sale but they don't seem to ship to Scandinavia. Considering how expensive shipping is I would probably not save anything anyway. I will just have to visit a store next time I'm over :)

      Radera
  4. HEY! I really missed you!!

    I'm glad it was wonderful, and super happy that he got an interview with Swedish immigrations. Maybe it's not long now until you're reunited forever? :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I missed you too, Lynne! I have been so preoccupied my blogging has been slipping, but I'm back now.

      Radera
  5. Woohoo! I knew you and your man would have a great time - and the interview sounds like it went very well. Things are looking up I hope! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I hope so too! But I'm at the same time aware that it can take several months.

      Radera
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better, even if your body has picked up a bug!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I really am. Sore sinuses is just the price I have to pay.

      Radera
  7. Glad you got to see your man and that it looks like he might get to be with you for good! Also, I am happy to hear that you got home safe! Feel better soon!

    SvaraRadera
  8. You sound so in love! I'm really happy you two could spend some time together, despite the short visit. Hopefully you will see each other again soon!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Haha - yes it was a bit of a rekindling... :)

      Radera
  9. I am so glad that you had a wonderful time and am glad that you saw your man. That makes the trip so much better. Love the Vera Bradley bag. They are so very much fun to carry and all the patterns make me feel like spring. Good luck with everything and can't wait to hear the news.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I agree, I had a hard time choosing a pattern because so many of them were so nice! I had never seen or heard of Vera Bradley before, but now I will be on the lookout for sure.

      Radera
  10. The bag is so nice! Yea for the timely interview :) The recycled air on planes knocks me out for a week or more, trying to rid my system of it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You know, on the trip over my friend gave me so much water and I was moved around a bit, and I think that helped. But on the flight back I was in the same cramped seat, dehydrated like a pickle for 11 hours - and that totally did me in.

      Radera
  11. Åh, härligt att ni har haft det bra tillsammans om än så kort tid. Jag hoppas att det kommer att lösa sig allt detta <3

    SvaraRadera
  12. I can understand your happiness over moving a little closer to your goal! Me and my husband alway shave to go through many issues with documents, as we are citizens of different countries too. Sometimes it is easier to solve, sometimes a little tougher, but perseverance wins!
    I agree with Magaly, that you sound way happier than before, and I am so happy for you!
    Things will work out!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! Although the world is getting smaller there are many new obstacles to overcome, I guess.

      Radera
  13. Feel better soon. Travelling EXHAUSTS ME, it's supposed to be a vacation! That bag is soooo stunning, very boho and love the purple in it! Looks like things are coming along a bit better and I am so happy to see that ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Agreed, and this hop was more physically exhausting than usual since I spent 1/3 of it at airports and on planes.

      Radera
  14. I'm SO glad you and the man had a great visit, even with the bug and exhaustion. You sound SOOO happy, but love and rolling around in the sheets have that effect. ;) ;)

    Hopefully getting one more thing done will return him to you sooner!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was wonderful, truly. And we have high hopes too :)

      Radera
  15. Glad you had a wonderful visit with your guy! But jeez -- from Sweden to SanFran on a jump seat? Now THAT'S true love!

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...