2014-02-11

What makes my heart sing



http://thecuriousprofessorz.blogspot.se/


This month The Curious Professor tasked us with a fittingly
Valentinesy homework assignment: What makes your heart sing?
That's easy: It's my little family - my man, my girl cat and my boy cat.

I've had my baby felines for over a decade, they were both rescue cats.
Come March 1st Cinnamon man and we have lived together exactly two years.
The three of them are the reason I get up in the morning, the reason I do anything.

My man is as lazy and cuddly of a homebody as I am.
We eat dinner under the covers, light fires in the fireplace, watch movies,
play games and pet the cats together. He has both a big heart and a big brain,
and he always wants to make me happy. He smiles at me when I come home
from work, he sings to me when I'm afraid and he holds me when I cry.
And he falls asleep in my arms when we watch movies.


 My girl, not sure weather to kill the camera or go back to sleep


 My kitties have very different personalities. My boy plays, cuddles, talks
and loves without abandon, while my girl is more independent and a lethal hunter.
 Every night my baby boy jumps up in my lap for his nightly cuddle session,
and if I don't pet him enough he carefully puts his paw on my face to remind me.
My baby girl is standoffish to most people, but she is a total mommy's girl
who purrs and snores like a miniature sawmill when she is relaxing.


My boy in his usual winter pose, disappearing into the background


 My man loves anything I make in the kitchen, whether it's a 3-course-meal
or just a piece of toast - and when I'm done cooking he does the cleaning up.
He is very laid back and always encourages me to be creative. Even when
the house is a total mess he tells me to blow off cleaning and go sew instead.

My kitties teach me about the rhythm of the seasons. They interact with nature
and spend all day outside in summer time - and all day inside in winter time.
 When I live/sleep alone they keep me company. They are waiting by the door
when I come home and they sleep in the bed next to me every night.



What makes your heart sing?




 





20 kommentarer:

  1. This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I also love that he doesn't mind the house is a mess!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed, living with me one has to be able to stand a mess, in all areas of life :)

      Radera
  2. Any man who tells you to blow off the cleaning and craft instead would definitely make a girl's heart sing! You are indeed blessed. :o)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I am, and these are the things I need to remember and hold on to while he is away.

      Radera
  3. Beautiful post, so many magic moments that make life joyful, it reminds me how the small moments make a significant difference and are most cherished in a material world, lucky are the ones who realise and appreciate those things that make your heart really sing :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Over time I have realized that the "big" things are mostly wasted on me, and that what I need to feel good are instead constant small things.

      Radera
  4. What kind words about your little family. My guy and paint make my heart sing! That and a package in the mail, a good meal at a restaurant and puppies!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. We want a puppy too, sometime in the near future. But it would be cruel to adopt one while things are still up in the air. Dogs need so much more than cats in terms of time, routines and companionship.
      Do you guys have a baby canine?

      Radera
  5. Svar
    1. Thank you, Peto. Where have you gone off to? I haven't seen a post from you in a while.

      Radera
  6. Vad fint du beskriver din man <3. Han påminner lite om min Johan. Jag är glad att du har dina katter nu :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack :) Jag kommer behöva mina katter jättemycket från och med Mars, för då åker min man :(

      Radera
  7. That is so sweet about your man and your cats. My cat used to be the best 'thing' in my life, and I had many good things going on but nothing could compare to my cat. Unfortunately, he passed away in July. I'm currently writing a book about him to honor his sweet and unique personality.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm sorry for you loss, but what a great idea to honor him with a book.
      Are you not getting a new (or a couple) furry companions?

      Radera
  8. You have a lovely family and hopefully Cinnamon Man will be back before you know it :)

    Being around my family makes my heart sing.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I hope so too. We're due for some tail wind.

      You have a furry family member too?

      Radera
  9. Aw, that sounds lovely!

    I have so many things, more than I thought, which made me happy. The post is over on my blog. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I saw your long list :)

      Radera
  10. Aw, thanks for sharing! (((HUGS))) Sending you so much love, so much!

    Thanks for participating.

    SvaraRadera
  11. What a beautiful post. Your man sounds like a true love, and your kitties are too precious with adorable mannerisms. Hugs sweetie. Mina

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...