2014-02-20

3 years of blogging



Three years ago come Sunday I started blogging as Ms Misantropia.
It was also around that time that I first "met" my man on-line.
It would take another 6 months before we met IRL, but that's another story.

Now my man is leaving in less than two weeks and everything is painful.
I blog to try to take my mind off things, so even though I can only see
gray skies at the moment, I am grateful to Winter's Moon for sending
some "Sunshine" my way and thereby giving me something to do.





The rules are: Share 11 tidbits about yourself and award 11
other fellow bloggers. Even though I know lots of fabulous blogs,
because I'm having a hard time seeing sunshine anywhere right now,
I'm gonna have to skip on that second part this time.
 But here are some random facts about me**



1. When I was 18 I dreamed that my hair turned white. In the morning
I suddenly had a small 'Rouge streak' that has been with me ever since.

2. I do laundry all the time so the interior of my home is constantly
covered by a fine layer of fiber dust. Plus of course; I hate cleaning.




3. I cut my own hair since 20 years back. I have silly and thin hair,
and paying someone to cut it is just a waste of time and money.

4. I love flea markets and all my furniture is second hand.
I like the history, choices, pain and love attached to old stuff.

5.  I never shower, but I love baths. I am very British that way.

6. I am honest, opinionated and outspoken. I call people on their shit
and I own up to my own. It doesn't always work out...




 7. My mother instilled a deep sense of food love in her two children.
I enjoy cooking and baking, and 'light products' never enter my kitchen.

8. I turn 37 this year and I have never wanted kids.

9. I never exercise, and exercise doesn't make me feel good.
The Kundalini yoga I do is more like slow stretching.


 


10. I am constantly redecorating. I am never "done".

11. I have overactive sinuses. My nose is always red, swollen
and dripping. I've had minor surgery to alleviate it. I didn't work.



**This is a revised list, after the first one I made contained too much anger,
self loathing and a fair bit of drunken over sharing.




Thanks again, Yvonne!










27 kommentarer:

  1. It's good to curb the drunken over-sharing at times ;)

    I love that you have a Rogue streak and how creepy that your dreamt it first.

    I felt like you were describing me for a momnt there....I hate cleaning, I cut my own hair, all my furnishings are second-hand, I met my last partner online, I prefer baths to showers and am constantly redecorating and clearing out. Lots more in common :)

    Hopefully the next two weeks will be filled with fun, laughter and memory-making for yourself and Mr Cinnamon :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love noticing how many things I have in common with people I hnr never met, from other countries - and sometimes who even live on the other side of the world.

      Radera
  2. Happy 3rd Blogoversary, Ms M! Loved learning more about you. Those ecards are hilarious. And if you're very British, you know to keep a stiff upper lip so blessings to you.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! but except for the baths I don't think I'm very British :)

      Radera
  3. Happy Third Blogoversary, Ms Misantropia! My second was yesterday ... funny how we both started in February. Must have something to do with being utterly bored in the midst of a lomg winter or something. I can't seem to think of 11 things to share about myself - maybe alcohol would help. But not on a patio. ;o)

    These last few weeks will be tough. ♥



    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I have GOT to stop typing my comments on that little tablet. I make way too many spelling mistakes. That should have said long winter not lomg winter. :P

      Radera
    2. Happy Blogoversary to you too, Insomniac's Attic! ❤

      Radera
    3. I think you are absolutely right, Ms Insomniac. February-March is the most boring time of year, without contest.

      Alcohol totally helped writing my list! Though I recommend saving it for a day or two and then editing you first draft...

      Happy two years of blogging!

      Radera
  4. Happy blog-o-versary! We've all had our drunk overshare moments and sometimes, we're lucky enough to catch them. :)

    Reading your list, I felt like we'd have a great time getting drunk on the patio together and calling it "exercise." I also hate cleaning, cut my own hair, buy everything second hand (or make it), call people on their shit and am always redecorating.

    Lots of love to you and Cinnamon man. I hope the next two weeks you have together are your most memorable and amazing yet!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You know, I've had so many moments the last year when I've envisioned a drunk patio (or greenhouse) party with my blog friends! Of course, there is never a reason for anyone to visit Sweden...

      Radera
  5. Love the streak story :) I hope that your two weeks seem like forever.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Unfortunately, they are already going by too fast :(

      Radera
  6. Happy Blogoversary! Loved learning a little bit more about you!!!! And your pretty darn awesome :)
    I did get your message and addy..so very sorry I didn't reply till now.. I had a bad old cold that really sent my asthma haywire so I've been a bit lazy..But I do have my wind back and your package is on it's way.. I hope you like the lil' monsters..

    take care,
    ~Diane

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I'm sorry about your cold. My man suffers from asthma and allergies too, so I know how it can beat you down at times.
      I hope you are feeling better now, and I can't wait for the little monsters!

      Radera
  7. Remind me not to cross your "telling it like it is" path lol! I hope you have a lovely time with that Cinnamon Man of yours over the next little while, and I pray he will be back before you know it.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I find that as long as people are true to who they are and what they stand for, and expect the same from me, we don't have an issue. It's when people pretend, lie for the sake of peace, can't talk about real stuff or apologize that we have a problem.

      Radera
  8. Happy Blogoversary, Ms Misantropia! ❤

    I'm so utterly sorry for your sadness at the moment. I'm thinking about you and wishing for a happy change of events. I enjoyed reading your list and finding out more little gems about you.

    "I'm outdoorsy in that I like getting drunk on patios." Laughing out loud! That's my idea of outdoorsy-ness too! ;D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh, thank you!
      Australia is the perfect getting-drunk-on-patios country. We can only do that a couple of months a year, but then we do it for like 60 days straight :)

      Radera
  9. I missed the first post!

    Well, you really have two anniversaries in one. ♡

    The hair streak arrival is so mysterious! I love that tidbit.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It was pretty weird! I think my dream was inspired by 'Twin Peaks' (do you remember that show?) but it was a complete shock to notice my white streak in the morning.

      Radera
  10. I hope the time passes quickly and your Cinnamon man makes it back to you in the least amount of time possible. We shall try to keep you as busy as you let us, too.

    I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your hair. Maybe one of the days...?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I like you guys keeping my busy :)

      But my hair...well...I never post pictures that can identify me, so that might be a long wait.

      Radera
  11. Happy blog birthday! Vilken märklig dröm och så var den sann!
    Du har all rätt att vara arg och nere. Ta hand om varandra nu <3

    SvaraRadera
  12. Congratulations on your award. It seems we have a few things in common (baths, flea markets, no kids...). Have a lovely weekend.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I really like finding out I have things in common with blog friends, even from the other side of the world :)

      Radera
  13. Fabulous list and I cut my own hair too. Love the images you used to illustrate your points too, it was a great way to get to know you a little better :)

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...