2014-01-07

About lighting




Dining room


I had a look back on my entries from last January, and that was when
I embarked on the 'great kitchen renovation'. I made a looong list of things
that I wanted to take care of - and of course I only finished about half.
The cupboard doors are still in the cellar, waiting for a fresh coat of paint...



Dining room


This year I will make it easier on myself. Yes, I still have some big
(new) projects on my list, but at least this year I named the list:
'Only if I really feel like it-projects' :) And then I put the list away,
instead of leaving it by the bed, to shame me every morning.



Bedroom
 

The only really urgent item on the list is lighting. When I took down
the Jul window lights our bedroom and the dining room almost fell into
a black hole. But I can't stand hard light, especially from above, so I had to
find other solutions. Luckily I have a hard time throwing things away... :)



Bedroom


As I searched the house for old lamps I stumbled across my grandfather's
forgotten Strindbergslampa tucked away on top of a bookshelf.
It has a pretty vintage look but I could never get past the beige "marbled"
glass dome. This time however, I suddenly saw the revamping potential,
and whipped out some thin cloth and a cute purple ribbon. Easy peasy!




But I have only just begun re-lighting my house. I also want to get a proper
reading lamp that is easily attached to one of the shelves behind the bed
(like this one at IKEA) and a large plain string of lights for the chandelier
in the dining room. Not to mention the ever lingering kitchen lighting project...


Do you have any interior projects for the coming year?





 




15 kommentarer:

  1. Your lights look lovely! Since I read a lot and sew, I need more bright lights than you. which ends up in me never using dim light sources or not having them around... But yours look so comfy!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You know, I just cleaned out my craft room - and even with the many lights in there I realize I might need another one, a really bright over head one... :)

      Radera
  2. Oh such lovely lighting! I adore a cosy home.

    Amber and I have little fairy lights in each room all year round.
    Our little cottage would also plummet into darkness without them.
    I do need overhead lighting for photographing stock mind you,
    but other than that, it's much better to have a cosy room.

    I have lots of interior projects to keep me busy, my main ones being
    to repaint the kitchen and bathroom. I also have lots of pictures that
    need framing and am in the middle of stripping down a chest of drawers.

    I'm sure there is a lot more to do, the details of which will probably find their
    way onto my blog some time this year.

    Have a lovely day :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love fairy lights and always want more of them!
      Overhead lighting is good for photos and vacuuming :)

      I look forward to seeing many before-and-after pictures on you blog soon.

      Radera
  3. I love how creative you are - and I see some really cute Middle-eastern inspired lamps! You're inspiring! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, and yes - I love me some Middle Eastern influences (or Indian if you'd like)!

      Radera
  4. My whole life is one big project.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Mmmm love the soft lighting, no fluorescents, just gentle light casts similar to candle light. I'm the same, rooms strung with tons of fairy lights, lamps and candles, never turn on my big light.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, and that way guests can't really tell whether you have dusted or vacuumed either - perfect ;)

      Radera
  6. I love the garland you made with the clothespins, photos, and lights! It's so pretty!

    I like the lights you have chosen as well.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Sue! In this dark part of the world one needs cozy lighting even more.

      Radera
  7. I think I'm going to call them my “only if I really feel like it projects” too, so I don't feel overwhelmed!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. And I can tell you, it really works! Much more encouraging (but also forgiving, should you have a bad day) than the usual shaming.

      Radera
  8. I love that your list is called 'Only if I really feel like it-projects'. Just the sound of it seems to take a whole lot of pressure off.

    Your lighting looks lovely, perfect for settling down and reading a good book.

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...