2013-10-02

First Humpday in October




It's October already, can you believe it? Only 28 days to Halloween!

Yesterday I made my first ever real Halloween window display.
All September I have been browsing window displays on-line,
looking for inspiration for a Halloweenie, but also pretty, backdrop.
But I just couldn't find anything that didn't involve spending lots of money.
Then a few days ago it hit me - a beaded string spider web!




A few months ago I came across beaded string on sale at a craft store.
 The first thing I made was this shooting star curtain for our canopy bed.
I still love lying in bed watching them twirl (even though I have,
on several occasions, almost poked out an eye getting in to bed).

But I still had tons of beaded string left when I was done. And that was
a good thing, because this smallish spider web needed about 15 m (50 ft)
of string. (For curious Swedish readers; this is what I used.)




The great thing about plastic beaded string is that you can
easily attach it onto itself. It made for a quick and easy craft,
and it made the spider web look pretty elegant.
All that's missing is the spider, and I'm getting one this weekend.

Sorry about the crappiness of the pictures, it was hard taking pictures
in my tiny window, without showing too much of the store.
But If I may say so myself, I am quite proud of my idea!



Thank you Marfi for hosting these magical Haunted Humpdays!




 



20 kommentarer:

  1. I love how that looks! Very glam spiderweb!
    Your spider may need rhinestones:)
    Looks like this was a fun project.
    Thank YOU for participating.

    Marfi

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, I was going for glam! :)

      Radera
  2. That's such a great idea - it looks brilliant - can't wait to see the spider : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The spider is all talked up now, I'm gonna have to bling it when I get it... :)

      Radera
  3. I can't believe I have not seen one before now! Fabulous idea.
    I also took a look at your star and bead bed curtain. I am adding that to a to-do list. Maybe not for the bed, but for the bedroom window. :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Me neither! It's so easy just to "flip" the string onto itself, it's amazing I can't fidn it anywhere on-line. I guess I'm a pioneer ;)

      Radera
  4. A purple spiderweb... Aw, the sweet, sweet, sweet Halloween dreams. I think, we'll decorate the terrace this weekend ;-)

    SvaraRadera
  5. It looks really stylish and glamorous! Do you mind if I steal your idea for my living room?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. No, go ahead! I plan on making a smaller silver one for my dining room.

      Radera
  6. What an amazing spider web. I can only imagine how many beads you used. it is great. What do you think you are going to make with the rest. Keep us all posted as what else you are going to make. looks like a lot of fun.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! I guess my next project will be the spider :)

      Radera
  7. Don't buy "a spider" -- buy lots and lots of spiders!!! The more the better to go on your inventive beaded webs. Have a great weekend! :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Haha :) Though I think several spiders would eat each other in real life...
      Happy weekend to you to!

      Radera
  8. Titta vad fint! :D
    Ja nu har vi äntligen kommit i Halloween mode här hemma. Johan han blir så spretig. han ska göra ALLT och i år igen säger jag, "ta dig inte vatten över huvudet". Jag har typ en grej jag ska göra. Måla ett rum kolsvart och baka kusliga kakor.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Men att måla ett rum är mycket jobb bara det!
      Jag hoppas du kommer posta många bilder från er fest, det låter super.

      Radera
  9. What a Fabulous idea, Love your pearl spiderweb!
    Hugs Lynn

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...