2013-10-23

Decorations, conversions and parties



 When my parents got home from their trip to the States a few weeks ago,
they gave me a string of pumpkin lights. I put a cheap Euro-shaped plug on to
the American one, plugged it into the wall, and was delighted at how bright
the lights were shining... A couple of hours later, all the little lights were blown.
Obviously I hadn't considered the conversion.



 



Not wanting to spend lots of money on new bulbs and an electrical
converter for a string of lights that cost 4.95 USD, I searched through
some storage boxes and came across a small LED cherry tree
that I bought years ago but never put up. I popped off all the little plastic
flowers and replaced some with the pumpkin heads from the string lights.
Then I added some fake cob web, and voilà - A Halloween Tree!






My mom also gave me some cute mini witch's hats that I put
on top of the living room lamp, and some adorable mini spatulas.
Aren't these just to die for? They will never be used for cooking!
 (Btw, the string lights in the picture above is another set, bought in Sweden...)






Speaking of Halloween decorations, one of my favorite American
crafters/designers is Jim Shore. His Halloween and Christmas stuff
is amazing, I want it all. Here's a few of his Halloween figurines:






And last, but by no means least, the invitation to Vanessa at A Fanciful Twist's
fabulous annual Halloween blog party is up - and it's this Saturday already!
Hurry on over to her blog and sign up to join in the fun!







Thanks to Marfi for hosting these Haunted Humpdays!
Can you guys believe that we only have one of these left?
Only 1 week until Halloween!




 



22 kommentarer:

  1. Love your Halloween tree!
    Great idea.
    Your decorations are awesome..
    I don't blame you for not wanting to use the spatulas for cooking.
    I have a couple of Jim shore pieces
    His creations are so magical!
    Thank you for playing this week.
    Happy haunted Humpday !!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you!
      I have one Jim Shore x-mas piece (snowman), but I really crave his Halloween pieces.

      Radera
  2. Lovely tree! Those Jim Shore pieces are beautiful.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, I am pleased with my last minute fix :)

      Radera
  3. You resourcefulness with the lights is so cool. I love the way the cherry tree looks with all the spooky add on's. I agree with you on the Jim Shore pieces, they are so intricate and detailed, really lovely. Love your Haunted Humpday post. Oma Linda

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Linda! I hope it will give a sufficiently eerie feel to the staircase on Halloween.

      Radera
  4. Ingenious way to fix the pumpkin lights and salvage them! I can't wait to see what you do for Vanessa's party!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I don't want to disappoint, but sweet Vanessa's party was such short notice I will probably only bake some Halloween cookies :)

      Radera
  5. Great and fun Halloween tree. Love the little spatulas. I would also just have them out but not use them.
    How fun that you have a witch hat on your lamp. Right now mine is wearing a white rat.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. That sounds like it could be a cool hat too; a white rat :)

      Radera
  6. I wanted to do the same thing for Christmas to keep a Halloween tradition going, only the string of lights I saw was a mix of pumpkins, bats, and ghosts... I didn't buy them though. Perhaps for next year, in the meantime I'll just admire yours!

    Those Halloween figures are just to die for... ugh! Love them

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. You guys have so many different Halloween decorations and lights that we just don't get over here - pumpkins, bats and ghosts sound like something I would love too!

      Radera
  7. I LOVE festive lights, everything from pumpkins (for Halloween) to Tiki's (for no good reason LOL) yours are great & I had a similar problem when I bought some cool lights from Ebay from the US, although I wasn't clever enough to resolve it ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tiki's go well year 'round in Australia, I would imagine? I have never seen anything like that over here though.

      I'll put your package in the mail this week!

      Radera
  8. Jag har alltid velat vara med på hennes bloggparty men jag har ju aldrig tiid. Vi är mitt uppe i vårt pysslande inför kalaset och det är alltid hemligt det vi håller på med så jag kan inte visa så mycket. Jag kanske ska ta o göra ett inlägg med gamla bilder...
    Åh ditt halloweenträd blev riktigt snyggt :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Vad konstigt, jag var helt säker på att jag svarade på denna kommentaren..? Weird.

      Hursomhelst - Jag tänker bara baka några Halloween-kakor, det är ju trots allt ett "Halloween TEA Party". Du behöver inte avslöja dina dekorationer om du inte vill :)

      Radera
  9. Hey doll! Send me your address ASAP ... Halloween sales have hit the racks and I might be able to replace those pumpkin lights before the Christmas stuff starts replacing the Halloween goodies.

    Jim Shore! I have quite a number of his pieces and I LOVE 'EM. You can get them for a good price on QVC.com.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oh my - would you do that for me? You are the sweetest! I will email you right away!

      Radera
  10. I love your little Halloween pumpkin lights! I keep hoping to find a little Christmas tree at a thrift store so I can spray paint it black and make a Halloween tree... yours is genius!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I love that idea too - Halloween converted Christmas trees are great!

      Radera
  11. I love your party. The decorations are magical, and the color of the lights were awesome.
    Please visit me:
    momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...