2013-08-06

Bountiful August





A week ago we had made weekend dinner plans with a couple of Cinnamon man's
friends for his birthday, but one of them got very ill and it was decided that we would
get together yesterday instead. In hindsight, the idea wasn't very thought through,
since I needed to work today, and I was so tired I couldn't focus on the computer screen...

We spent the whole weekend cleaning and cooking up a storm.
Missing the food "back home" Cinnamon man wanted Mexican food, so we made
Carne Asada with tortillas and spicy Spanish rice, and several different salsas.
Luckily, our tomatoes had perfect timing and the first batch ripened just in time.
 We used at least 20 of them in the food, and they were delicious!




 I also made pitchers of sangria and a Mud Pie for dessert - my first ever.
Lovely Oreo pie crust, coffee ice cream, homemade chocolate fudge,
whipped cream, chocolate and caramel chips... The six of us finished the entire thing!




Cinnamon man was gifted some belated birthday presents, and we ate and drank,
even did some dancing! And I completely forgot that I had work in the morning...
At midnight we sent the guests off with plenty of zucchinis from our garden.
It was quite a lovely evening, and it lifted both our spirits.

And on that note: Inside my mind, and even somewhere all around me,
things are shifting. Something is working itself out, falling in to place.
Can you feel it? Like whispy pieces of an intricate puzzle dancing around
on the first cool autumn breezes. It feels like change, and it feels good.




 



24 kommentarer:

  1. Happy Bithday to Cinnamon Man! :)

    I'm glad you feel changed, change is always good. ;) Congrats in the mud pie as well, it looks delicious!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes, I hope this is change I'm feeling :)

      Radera
  2. Happy Birthday Cinnamon Man :) Hope your friend feels much better. Yes, things are shifting here, but the outcome won't be felt for a few months & so I need to be more pro-active. Outcome could be very different. Nerve wracking.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I am keeping my fingers crossed for everything to turn out the way you want it!

      Radera
  3. Those tomatoes look juicy. We are harvesting our first cucumbers tonight. A vegetable sacrifice to the winds of change!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Nothing quite like your own harvest, is there?

      Radera
  4. how wonderful your dinner party was!
    so happy you had a good time, even if you were a bit tired the next day...at least it was for fun stuff:)

    your last note gave me chills...change is always welcome when it's a happy one...embrace it!!

    have a great day!
    marfi

    SvaraRadera
  5. Your harvested goods look perfect and your home cooked meal sounds delicious.

    I love the look of the mud pie - Gorgeous!

    You sound positively happy - I'm so glad.

    Have a great day : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! While I tend to shy away from the word "happy" I like the sentiment :)

      Radera
  6. I can taste the change, my dear Ms Misantropia, and I love it. Your words read light and fun, and full of brightness. I'm extremely happy for you.

    Happy belated birthday to your Cinnamon man. Now I feel like eating Mexican food, at 8:40 am *sigh*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Is this time difference between us messing with your digestive track? ;)

      Radera
  7. I adore Mexican food! I used to eat it all the time in the US. Your Mudpie looks fantastic and I wish I could have had a piece. Perhaps having good friends over filled your "happy" place. Great post! :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. We have way too few Mexican restaurants in Sweden - it's a shame!

      Radera
  8. How fun! What a fantastic menu! We love carne asada. The plum photo is gorgeous!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I really liked it too - my favorite side dish will always be the guacamole... :)

      Radera
  9. Åh har han fått komma hem nu? Vad skönt för er <3. Vilken underbar kväll ni verkar ha haft. Jag funderar också på att ha en skördefest när mina tomater mognar.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Åh nu läste jag kommentaren till min förra :) han är alltså hemma o går o väntar. Det är helt sjukt att man inte ska kunna få ta ett jobb när man ändå bor här :( snacka om att det får människor att känna sig värdelösa.

      Radera
    2. Jag förstod att du missförstått, jag skickade dig ett mail om det :) Men jo, det är jobbigt ändå :(
      Låter trevligt med skördefest!

      Radera
  10. I absolutely feel that things are shifting and moving ... and falling into place. There are a lot of things happening lately that have really made HUGE changes in my life. Obviously my Mom's death is a big one, but with her death something very special and scary will be happening to Ed and me in the next two months. More to come on that little bit of information once we start the process. ;) Something shifted earlier this week ... like the universe took a breath, held it, and then let it go.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Whatever it is you guys are going through in the coming months, I hope it is something good, an opportunity for you both.

      Radera
  11. Åh vad efterrätten ser god ut <3

    Vad underbart att du mår bra också :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack! "Bra" är ett overstatement, men jo lite bättre kan jag köra med :)

      Radera
  12. I have plum trees too) They are wonderful, I love to make some photos of them in early morning, when they are covered with frost and dew. But do you really outgrowths it all by yourself?! You have "green hands")

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...