2013-07-05

Wishing on a star



The other day I was at the mall and happened to notice some sale signs
at the only real crafts store we have in (southern) Sweden - Panduro.
Unfortunately their sale was pretty lame, but I did find some
beautiful sheets of paper and beads on a string.


 


Not knowing exactly what to actually make with these treasures,
I started googling around and found this paper wreath tutorial.
I love how pretty and sophisticated these simple stars look!




  Life has been pretty sucky around here lately, so on a more personal
and emotional level, I was drawn to making something comforting.
I decided on hanging shooting stars on our canopy bed, for luck.




Cutting out stars while semi-watching Buffy turned out to be very meditative,
and the muted colors went perfectly with the color scheme in our bedroom.
Last night I lay in bed watching them twirl, hoping for better days to come soon.
  

 


At some point I might add some glitter or some beads to them,
but for now I am enjoying them as they are.
(Though Cinnamon man hits his head on them constantly,
and already knocked down a star putting new sheets on the bed...)




 



21 kommentarer:

  1. Those stars look really great, I hope they give you sweet dreams!

    SvaraRadera
  2. So beautiful! star is my symbol, my favorite symbol! :)
    these stars will brighten up your days and lift up your mood for sure. take good care and have a lovely weekend!

    SvaraRadera
  3. De passar perfekt där. du har öga för vad som kommer att bli fint :)
    Hoppas att det ljusnar för dig. Kram <3

    SvaraRadera
  4. Those are lovely, and of course (Ms Interior Designer) go wonderfully with your bed.

    Hm, I might to check out the tutorial to see if the Little Princess and I can make some for her room ;-D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. The tutorial is for single stars, I just glued them together around the beaded string.

      Radera
  5. Oj vad mysigt det blev, verkligen bra idé! ^.^

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Tack, jag måste ha mys runt mig :)

      Radera
  6. They're beautiful, and I hope they bring you some unsucky luck. Is that a word even? You know what I mean, though...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks - and unsucky is definitely ok by my internal dictionary :)

      Radera
  7. I love your stars, they really look great hanging from your bed canopy.

    I hope life feels better soon : )

    SvaraRadera
  8. Those look great! I used to make a lot of costumes and I love crafty stuff. Awesome job! :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I would love to see your costumes in a post sometime!

      Radera
  9. Sweet! Hope things turn around for you soonest!

    SvaraRadera
  10. Thank you for the star tutorial link> I think it would be hard for me to mess that up.

    SvaraRadera
  11. Ooh they're perfect.. Very cool idea:)

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...