I have always wondered about blogs with little buttons on the side,
saying thing like: No blogger awards please. Thank you, but no.
Do these people (who usually have hundreds, even thousands of followers)
constantly have blogging awards flying at them from the left and right?
It definitely requires some work, so I can imagine that would get tiresome.
If you are one of these bloggers, I would love to hear how you came
to the conclusion to say 'NO' to all awards!
Me on the other hand, with less than 100 followers,
I have never before received such an award, and I am therefore quite happy
about this one :) Thank you to Yvonne at Winter Moon!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions she asked:
1 - What would be your dream job?
I already do what I love, having a little store of my own, full of pretty things.
The only catch is hardly making any money and constantly worrying about the future.
So, I guess my dream would simply be for the store to support a proper household.
2 - If you could be a master at any art or craft, which would you choose?
I would love to be a writer, but I don't really have a great interest in books...
Baking, cooking, painting and sewing would rock too.
3 - What was the last book you read?
I think it was something by John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote 'Let the right one in').
4 - Where would you go/what would you do on your perfect date?
A warm evening pic-nic with soft pillows and candles, sweet wine
and all the yummies one could dream up.
5 - Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
I could go in to hibernation between New Year's and June, that half of the year
in Sweden usually sucks big time. All the other months are good.
6 - Do you have a favorite movie? When did you watch it last?
I have so many favorite movies I couldn't list them here
- and I watch them every chance I get. I'm a movie buff.
7 - If you could have a superpower, which would you choose and why?
Teleportation. Then I could cause all sorts of mayhem,
and maybe even set a few things right in the world.
8 - Food - Sweet or savoury?
Sweet, for sure.
9 - Beverages - Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
All of the above! And wine, and Coke, and water and...
10 - If you could meet an actor (deceased or not) who would you choose to meet?
Sigourney Weaver, Meryl Streep or Ashley Judd. Someone with a feminist view.
11 - Authors - Stephen King or Katie Fforde?
Stephen King. I don't even know who Katie Fforde is.
Now, to my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Mme Death is as cute as a button when she showcases her lovely creations,
and shares the ups and downs of her new life as an ex-patriot wife in America.
The blog of The Queen of Darkness is almost like a tumblr,
where I go for a quick fix of dark, funny and morbid shorties.
The Queen stays true to Halloween all year around, offering up tips and tricks,
recipes and pictures that always make me long for October.
Despite money troubles and a house full of ailing pets,
Auntie Bat writes with heart and a great sense of humor.
Sometimes I have no idea what Ms Morgaine is talking about -
she seems to have a language of her own - but she is always hilarious.
(11 questions are a bit much, so I am making this part optional
to my recipients. You can answer as many or as few as you want!)
1. How would you describe your home decorating style?
2. What is the original color of your hair and eyes?
3. What are your 2 favorite colors?
4. Do you have any pets?
5. What are some stereotypes about your country and its people,
and do you identify with any of them?
6. Do you have any siblings?
7. What prompted you to start blogging?
8. Which 3 personality traits do you like most about yourself?
9. Which vintage era do you find most interesting style-wise?
10. What is your view on feminism and gender equality?
11. Do you have any religious beliefs?
The rules of the Liebster award:
1. Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate five bloggers with less than 300 followers.
3. Give them eleven questions to answer.
4. Let them know you nominated them.
5. Don't nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Display the Liebster award in your post.