2013-06-15

Liebster award



I have always wondered about blogs with little buttons on the side,
saying thing like: No blogger awards please. Thank you, but no.
Do these people (who usually have hundreds, even thousands of followers)
constantly have blogging awards flying at them from the left and right?
It definitely requires some work, so I can imagine that would get tiresome.
 If you are one of these bloggers, I would love to hear how you came
to the conclusion to say 'NO' to all awards!

Me on the other hand, with less than 100 followers,
I have never before received such an award, and I am therefore quite happy
about this one :) Thank you to Yvonne at Winter Moon!






Here are the answers to the 11 questions she asked:
 
1 - What would be your dream job?
 I already do what I love, having a little store of my own, full of pretty things.
The only catch is hardly making any money and constantly worrying about the future.
So, I guess my dream would simply be for the store to support a proper household.

2 - If you could be a master at any art or craft, which would you choose?
 I would love to be a writer, but I don't really have a great interest in books...
Baking, cooking, painting and sewing would rock too.

3 - What was the last book you read? 
 I think it was something by John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote 'Let the right one in').

4 - Where would you go/what would you do on your perfect date?
 A warm evening pic-nic with soft pillows and candles, sweet wine
and all the yummies one could dream up.

5 - Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
 I could go in to hibernation between New Year's and June, that half of the year
in Sweden usually sucks big time. All the other months are good.

6 - Do you have a favorite movie?  When did you watch it last?
 I have so many favorite movies I couldn't list them here
- and I watch them every chance I get. I'm a movie buff.

7 - If you could have a superpower, which would you choose and why?
 Teleportation. Then I could cause all sorts of mayhem,
and maybe even set a few things right in the world.

  8 - Food - Sweet or savoury?
 Sweet, for sure.

9 - Beverages - Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
 All of the above! And wine, and Coke, and water and...

10 - If you could meet an actor (deceased or not) who would you choose to meet?
 Sigourney Weaver, Meryl Streep or Ashley Judd. Someone with a feminist view.

11 - Authors - Stephen King or Katie Fforde?
 Stephen King. I don't even know who Katie Fforde is.



Now, to my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Mme Death is as cute as a button when she showcases her lovely creations,
and shares the ups and downs of her new life as an ex-patriot wife in America.
The blog of The Queen of Darkness is almost like a tumblr,
where I go for a quick fix of dark, funny and morbid shorties.

The Queen stays true to Halloween all year around, offering up tips and tricks,
recipes and pictures that always make me long for October.

Despite money troubles and a house full of ailing pets,
Auntie Bat writes with heart and a great sense of humor.
Sometimes I have no idea what Ms Morgaine is talking about -
she seems to have a language of her own - but she is always hilarious.



My questions:
(11 questions are a bit much, so I am making this part optional
to my recipients. You can answer as many or as few as you want!)

1. How would you describe your home decorating style?

2. What is the original color of your hair and eyes?

3.  What are your 2 favorite colors?

4. Do you have any pets?

5. What are some stereotypes about your country and its people,
and do you identify with any of them?

6. Do you have any siblings?

7. What prompted you to start blogging?

8. Which 3 personality traits do you like most about yourself?

9. Which vintage era do you find most interesting style-wise?

10.  What is your view on feminism and gender equality?

 11. Do you have any religious beliefs?



The rules of the Liebster award:

1. Answer the eleven questions from the blogger who nominated you.
2. Nominate five bloggers with less than 300 followers.
3. Give them eleven questions to answer.
4. Let them know you nominated them.
5. Don't nominate the blogger who nominated you.
6. Display the Liebster award in your post.




 



21 kommentarer:

  1. It's always appealing and it makes me proud to get a blogging award, I'm always very thankful and happy to see that people like my blog, but although I never said I won't accept them, it's a bit tireing to do them and I don't neccessarily mean the Q&A part. Tagging other bloggers is a pain, because you never know how likes to receive awards and who is it gonne be just a bourden for, who had that certain award already and, of course, who to choose. Usually, if I do an award at all, I don't tag others, which doesn't mean I don't acknowledge or like other blogs, I just have a difficult time to 'choose them'.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I agree with what you write - that hardest being whether the recipient will feel honored or bothered. But I'm still proud :)

      Radera
  2. Congrats on your blogger award. I love Lindqvist, he's brilliant.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Congrats on your award, and yay for your nominees! I shall visit them all after I'm done here.

    I get a few awards every month, but I only post the awards I get from people I know. Or if the individual to nominate me shows any sign that they have ever really read my stuff.

    About your shop... I knew you were self-employed, but I didn't know you had your own shop. How delicious. Maybe you show show us a bit one day *cough, cough* If you already did, and my silly witchy soul missed it, just point me that way.

    Would you consider writing a book (fiction or nonfiction) about the things you love? For instance, my fashion sense is nonexistence, but I love the way you speak of fashion, so I would read it. And I would definitely enjoy a character made up by you, who had her own ideas about clothing and such, and said (or did) something to show how her fashion empowered her life. Just saying ;-)

    And I had to Goggle Katie Fforde, so don't feel too bad lol

    Congrats again, my darling!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you for those encouraging words about my writing! I "write" books in my head all the time, and one thing I always come back to is a dating guide for the modern man - they all seem to still make the same stupid mistakes over and over... But I know nothing about fashion! I just write about pretty things :)

      Regarding my shop - I try to stay clear from posts that would give away who I am IRL. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't think I could write as freely as I do on my blog, knowing that people from my area, even my customers, were reading it.

      Radera
  4. I love all your questions & answers,
    and you have nominated some great blogs there.

    I've received quite a few of these nominations in the past,
    but don't always nominate others as it is quite a
    bit of a chore and it feels like spamming too,
    but quite often, I like people to know that their
    blogs are appreciated.

    Ha ha - For question 11, I tried to think of an author who was completely unlike Stephen King - Katie Fforde is a British Romance novelist.

    Enjoy your weekend and happy blogging : )

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! And I liked this award too, specifically because one was supposed to promote smaller blogs with fewer followers.

      Radera
  5. Congratulations on your award, Ms. Misantropia! And as Magaly Guerrero suggested, I'd sure love to see some photos of the inside of your shop, too! :D

    Wouldn't it be nice if all the little independent shop owners could actually make a living off it - before we all give up and the only places left to shop are the big box stores. That's going to be a sad day. :P

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. It is going to be so sad! But yes, even southern Sweden is going that way. A giant mall just opened 10 minutes away from me :(

      Like I answered Magaly, regarding my shop - I try to stay clear from posts that would give away who I am IRL. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I don't think I could write as freely as I do on my blog, knowing that people from my area, even my customers, were reading it.

      Radera
    2. What is it about a huge mall full of the same stuff that appeals to people? I just don't get it. It sucks that one opened up so close to you... :o(

      I understand completely! It creeps me out when one of my friends says they've read a post. And I probably never would have shared Before & After pictures of the house if we weren't moving away.

      I told my husband he should move our water jugs into the trailer every time we leave - just in case one of the neighbours already hates us and poisons it. He said (with much sarcasm) it was a good thing one of us thinks of these things. Paranoid - yeah, I get that. ;o)

      Radera
  6. Why, fang you for passing it on! I always think it's fun to see how someone else would describe me- yeah, you pretty much nailed it! I'll see if I can scare up some answers...

    SvaraRadera
  7. I like that you picked "Let the Right One In." I didn't read it but loved the movie! And I don't know who Katie Fforde is either. (I'd rather have dinner with Dean Koontz though. I'd like to eat -- I mean pick -- his brain!)

    I'm one of those who doesn't accept awards. I like to choose the content of my blog, not have others dictate questions I have to answer.(I was rebellious in school, too!) It's going to be hard for me to do interviews when my book comes out. I'll have to grit my teeth, make it quick, and keep a good sense of humor. :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I totally understand you answer. Luckily I got some pretty easy questions directed at me. I'm not sure the people I nominated would agree though...

      Radera
  8. Congrats on your award!:)
    It is good to know you better. My perfect date is similar to that of yours :)
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    SvaraRadera
  9. This is your first one? That's a shame, being that your blog is always full of such wonderful inspirations. Congrats! I think it's well deserved =)

    The reasons behind me sometimes saying yes or no to answering blog awards is a little weird; without going too far into it, I'll just say that normally I'd do it because I love answering sincere questions.
    I admire how you nominated us, and I must thank you for nominating me in such a manner; it makes it feel as though we weren't picked out of a hat =D
    I have to remember to do that when I nominate others

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you for those kind words! Now I'm off to read your answers :)

      Radera
  10. Congratulations, darling. It's well earned. :-)

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...