2013-05-06

The kitchen project revisited



In the first days of the year (Jeez, has it already been that long?!)
the tiles in our kitchen started coming loose, and I decided it was time
for my long awaited renovations to begin. For a few weeks I was full of
that good ol' demolition and rejuvenation spirit, but then we hit a snag:
A lack of power tools (and funds). By the time we could borrow
the right kind from a friend, that first surge of energy had waned.
What followed was two months of depressing life with a kitchen turned into
a dirty renovation project, and a living room reduced to a messy storage space.

Then April happened, with Whiter and Lighter, good intentions and list-writing.
It was a slow and sometimes painful process, but suddenly a wall was painted,
some shelves got a few coats of primer and then we put the fan back in place.
I could hear renovation-me start buzzing once again in the back of my mind.

 As with any renovation project I have encountered several little snags along the way,
since that first big one. For instance, painting over patterned tiles will be doubly visible
when you chose a stark color, like purple. At some point I will probably have to take out
the small paint brushes and go to town hand painting back those leaves and squares...

Right now I'm also staring at the gap between the new blackboard and the old pantry,
dreaming of the perfect corner shelf to cover it up, preferably something pretty.




Next week I'm off for four days and we are planning on embarking on the last step
of the kitchen renovations; sanding and painting the cupboards.
I'm also hoping for warm weather, so we can take a proper flea market road trip.
I would love to add some thrifty new finds to my thrifty new kitchen!




 



10 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. I like the idea of reusing, but unfortunately I don't have any teeny tiny doors lying around :)

      Radera
  2. I love them all, really. I like small forniture like shelves and coffee tables and such things and I like different styles and designs, so if it comes to picking something for my home, I can't ever decide...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Me too, I have tons of little side tables, stools - even a dim sum table!

      Radera
  3. I vote for the black shelf! You can paint it purple :)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Ooooh... I love that black corner shelf! Good luck with the renovations!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I know, I would love something like that!

      Radera
  5. There's nothing worse than a half-finished project staring you in the face, is there? I'm glad you got your mo-jo back! I hope you find the perfect shelf to finish it off, plus a lot more other little flea market finds, too! :o)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks, it feels really good to get back on track.

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...