2013-05-13

Monsters of Buffy, part 2 - MMM



This is the continuance of my Monsters of Buffy, part 1 and today I'm listing
the cutest monsters of all seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
(Cinnamon man pointed out that writing about both my favorite and my scariest
monsters of Buffy, for my first installment of May Monster Madness, might have been
a bit of a long post - so I'm cutting what was intended to be one post into two this time.
The final post, listing the grossest monsters of Buffy, will be posted on May 17th.)

Now, without further ado, let's get kicking with the 4 cutest monsters of Buffy:




Irish fear demon. Fear itself, season 4.

Fear itself might be my favorite Buffy episode ever. It is a Halloween episode, complete with the Scooby gang in costumes, a (extra) scary house and Giles toting a chain saw! The monster plaguing the frat house hosting the Halloween party feeds on people's fears, and makes those fears manifest. It is all pretty scary until the very end, when it turns out this little demon is not even a foot tall, and Buffy squashes him under foot.



Demon Giles. A New Man, season 4.

Giles is Buffy's watcher and plays the wise father figure for most of the series. But in season 4 he is getting left a little out of the loop, when Buffy is getting to know a new mentor, Prof. Walsh. On a particularly bad day Giles is first humiliated by Walsh, then turned into a demon by an old "frenemy". His day only gets worse when the Scooby gang thinks he's been hurt by the very monster he has been turned into, and set out to hunt him down.
















Clem (Clement). Season 6 and 7.

Clem is an anomaly in the Buffyverse, a kind and caring demon whose only evil trait seems to be that he occasionally eats cats. He is a friend of Spike's, shows up at one of Buffy's birthday parties and is even invited to Xander and Anya's wedding.
One of the best scenes involving Clem is him trying to entertain Dawn with a chips tasting test in season 6. He also shares a sweet moment with Buffy in one of the last episodes of the whole series, when he's in his car headed out of town before the anticipated destruction.



Vampire Harmony. Season 4 and 5.

During the first three seasons of Buffy, Harmony Kendall was one of the annoying popular kids at Sunnydale high, and a total airhead. But in the last moments of season 3 she is turned into a vampire - and Harmony as a vampire is great.
She hooks up with Spike, and their pairing is both painful and hilarious to watch. She collects unicorns, and in one episode she wants to go and "vamp" Antonia Banderas... She is also in the best Buffy fight scene ever recorded: Xander vs Harmony.





 While I was putting this post together I realized that, except for including Willow in my
first Buffy post, I have been trying to look past members of the main cast - although many
of them are beloved monsters; Angel (vampire), Spike (vampire), Anya (demon/ex-demon)
and Oz (werewolf). So hereby, consider them all having received honorable mentions!




It's a blog hop, join us!








15 kommentarer:

  1. I had forgotten all about Clem! What a great character. I am loving your posts... revisiting something which is still so much a part of my memory and our culture!
    Really very cool posts!
    Here's my day III MMM at Design du Jour.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Clem is the sweetest! And thank you :)

      Radera
  2. Demon Giles was my absolute favourite monster! And the fact that no one could understand him but Spike? Priceless! Your posts are making me realise just how much I miss this show!
    Here's my MMM'S for today Carmen Jenner Author and Book Me!
    Happy Hopping! =D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I know! That scene when he tries to wake up Xander and it turns out he's just growling instead of speaking :D

      Radera
  3. Hi there! You missed my MMM post when you stopped by -- you commented on the book blitz which had to be my top spot today. My MMM post is here. lol

    I'm loving your posts! I am going to have to watch this show eventually!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I can't believe you've never watched a Buffy episode - is that even possible? ;)

      Radera
  4. Oh yes, I laughed my arse off when we finally met the Irish Fear Demon :) And I had a much softer spot for vampire Harmony than I ever did for her when she was alive. Great post.

    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yes and yes! I'm glad she got to move on to 'Angel' afterwards.

      Radera
  5. I really need to get on the Buffy train. Great post! :D

    SvaraRadera
  6. Liked the post! You made wanting to watch Buffy again..sadly I don't have series with me, is it available on download?
    Looking forward to another post!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I don't know, I have the whole series in a collectors box. Hope you find it!

      Radera
  7. I'm smiling just remembering all of those episodes. I can never get enough of Buffy! :)

    SvaraRadera
  8. you left out Drucilla.... Great post too

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...