2013-05-01

Glad Valborg/ Happy Beltane!



I always make fun of Swedes going crazy as soon as the sun comes out.
In what other country would the population chose to sit outside at cafés,
while it's still only 5 degrees? We crave sunlight since we're basically without for 8 months
of the year, even down here in the south - but we fry like crabs in the strong spring light.

I always say Swedes have split personalities. Imagine a shy, pale and organized
human being desperately trying to find a separate seat on the bus, not to make
conversation at the store, and being glued to the TV couch for half of the year.
Then imagine the same person suddenly getting tanned, looking as healthy as he/she is tall,
their hair getting a summery blond tint, and the sun shining for 18 (to 24) hours a day...
You get the picture.

 Well, today I was off. The sun was shining, and the kitties were running around,
full of that spring fever. It's Beltane and I made a fire in our outdoor stove
(which is more like a small kiln). It was great - and I probably fried like a crab :)
I realize I'm no better than the rest of us. I crave the sunlight. I long for summer!

Happy Beltane/ Glad Valborg everyone!




On a different note; We have a winner!
For my Whiter and Lighter assignment I hosted a giveaway,
and the winner is Lesthi - Congratulations goth-girl!




 



16 kommentarer:

  1. And a Happy Beltaine to you, darling! :) WAHOO!

    SvaraRadera
  2. We here in Alberta have already started to invade the restaurant patios, even though it's still only around 5C here and snowed on Monday again! I'm hoping it will be nice on Sunday so I can drink margaritas on the Mexican restaurant's patio on Cinco de Mayo! :D

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I guess the answer to my question is Canada then? :)

      Radera
  3. It would seem my Alberta neighbor is sharing the same weather as we are here in Saskatchewan. I am bringing out the BBQ this weekend NO MATTER WHAT! I don't care if I have to flip burgers in my snowmobile suit, the meat is hitting the grill and the Bacardi coolers will be chilling in the snowbank:-)
    Happy Beltane and wishing you much revelry, feasting and joyful celebration.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Sounds just like us Swedes, for sure!

      Radera
  4. Well, if Seeing Things is BBQ'ing in her snowsuit, I shouldn't be such a baby, should I? So I'll be drinking margaritas on the patio, even if I have to wear longjohns with my sandals! ;o)

    SvaraRadera
  5. Merry Beltane to you as well =D

    It's hot here, and already I feel like it's too much! I'm opposite ended as Lady Insomnia and Seeing Things-- summers are the worst time of year in the desert south!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yeah, it's amazing seeing the differences between gardens in the blog world right now.

      Radera
  6. Happy Beltane to you! I am glad you felt first touch of the Spring... I long for some cooler days now, as it got too hot in India now.
    Have a nice day ahead!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. India sounds so far off and exotic. I could go for some of that heat right now.

      Radera
  7. Haha så sant! På våren hör man alltid massa folk här utanför radhuset som grillar, pratar och har sig, mot sommaren blir det mer och mer sällan för då tröttnar de väl, och när vintern kommer märks det inte ens att vi har grannar :'D

    SvaraRadera
  8. "we fry like crabs in the strong spring light" I will never forget those words! It makes spring sound fierce lol

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Spring is totally fierce here for us pale-faces, when the days are getting warmer and longer incredibly quickly :)

      Radera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...