2013-04-07

Sunday morning rolls



Last night I had a surge going through my baking nerve
and I decided on making cinnamon/cardamom rolls. I never usually make them,
since they take at least 2 hours to make - and I'm an instant-gratification girl -
but I had a muffin while I was baking these, so it was ok :)




In Sweden we don't put raisins in our cinnamon rolls. We also don't put
frosting or a glaze on them, though I wouldn't mind trying that one day.
And lastly, we make them a little smaller than Americans are used to.
Other than that I'm pretty sure it's about the same thing,
but I've added the recipe at the end of this post, just in case.




This is my idea of a perfect breakfast; I large cup of Vanilla Latte,
a ham & cheese sandwich, and something yummy freshly baked to finish off the meal.
The only thing missing is some fresh strawberries, but they are 2 months away.
(I have no idea how this picture turned out so great, but I love it!
 It was the last picture I took, and Cinnamon man couldn't keep his hands away any longer :))


Cinnamon/cardamom rolls 
yields 8-10

75 g melted + 150 g soft butter
2,5 dl (1 cup) finger warm milk
25 g yeast (for sweet doughs)
1/3 teaspoon salt
0,75 dl (1/3 cup) + 1,5 dl (2/3 cup) sugar
7-8 dl (3 cups) wheat flower
1 egg
2-3 tablespoons cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons cardamom

Dissolve the yeast in the milk, stir in the 75 g melted butter, 0,75 dl sugar and the salt.
Add the flower, a little at a time. Let rise under a cloth for at least 1 hour.

Work the dough thoroughly, then use a baking roller to make a large rectangle.
Spread the soft butter thickly across the entire surface, then sprinkle it with
1,5 dl sugar, the cinnamon and the cardamom. Make a large roll and cut into pieces.
Put them on a baking sheet, under a cloth, and let rise for at least 30 min.

Whip up the egg and glaze the rolls, then bake them at 250 C/ 480 F
only for roughly 5 minutes. Keep an eye on them!
After all that waiting they are done very quickly once you pop them in the oven.




 




8 kommentarer:

  1. Jag älskar att baka bullar, men jag tycker inte så mycket om att äta dem, jag äter en när de är nybakta och sen är jag inte alls sugen. :D

    Jag längtar också efter jordgubbar, varje år bestämmer jag mig för att äta massor men sen är de så dyra så det blir inte av att jag köper så mycket :<

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Vi har egna jordgubbar (de åren vi tar hand om dem, och djuren håller sig borta)! Vi har även många små jordgubbskiosker i närheten, så det blir mycket på sommaren. Kanske är det annorlunda i Skåne, där var och varannan odlare har dem?

      Radera
  2. The whole breakfast looks delicious! Cinnamon buns or sticky pecan buns are my favourite thing to make, but like you I don't do it very often. It takes up a whole morning between all the risings! And then, of course, I eat them until I feel ill. ;o)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I don't think we have sticky pecan over here, I will have to check them out.

      Radera
  3. In the USA in the mall they sale cinnamon rolls that people go crazy over. I use to make the dough for these in my bread machine. It made it a little easier but it was sill some work. My children use to love them but they do not ask much anymore.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I would love to try an American cinnamon roll at some point!

      Radera
  4. Now I'm craving cinnamon rolls! Your recipe sounds delicious. -- Jan

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...