I know I said I was gonna unveil my new kitchen in this post
(thankfully I didn't mention it to many people...)
but it is just not possible. The kitchen renovations are basically
at a standstill at the moment. A lack of power tools, normal tools
and just personal energy has forced me to postpone the 'inauguration'.
I have spent my time off the last few freezing cold weeks
under the covers with my nose in a book (or three).
And I've been catching up on some much needed nuzzling.
So instead, for The Bewitching Home blog party,
I will share an easy little craft with you: DIY Firestarters.
I mentioned these to a fellow blogger a few months ago
and we both agreed that fire rocks :)
I'm sure some of you have seen these before.
From searching on-line I have come to understand
that any kind of lint/cotton wad/pads + melted wax will do.
But since I had some wood chips and carton lying around
(and was low on lint) I threw them in there as well.
These are easily the ugliest... well, anything I have ever made.
Also, if there are persons in the household with long hair
you might wanna check the lint before use...
But they sure do burn like they should!
I did a test run and it burned for at least 10 minutes.
Thank you to the Witch of Howling Creek for hosting
a much needed pick-me-up party in the dead of winter!
Be sure to visit the other participants as well
and have a great weekend (and Imbolc for those who celebrate it)!