2013-01-30

Mini pies, and a Bone Party!




For some reason, a couple of weeks ago when grocery shopping,
we made it home with a huge chunk of pretty boring cheese.
It was cheap, I guess. I have spent some time since trying to
find ways to incorporate it into my cooking, just to be rid of it.

I have never made portion sized pies before.
I don't make savory pies too often either way (but in summer time
we have our fair share of berry or fruit crumble cobbler).

Then, last year I joined a group on Facebook, for people in our area
interested in recycling old and unused stuff. Through the group
I swapped a couple of old dresses for two cupcake baking sheets,
and one of them was for extra large American style cupcakes.
That's the sheet I used for these pies and it was perfect.

 So last night I made little pies with sausage, zucchini, cheese, onion,
capers and pesto. The crust is half wheat and half whole wheat.
 The pie crust recipe I used yielded exactly 6 mini pies.
I brought one with me to work today,
it's delicious and the perfect size for lunch!






UPDATE: Recipe mini pies


Crust:

4 dl or 1,6 cups flour
(Half wheat and half whole wheat)
50 grams butter
1 dl or 0,4 cups creme fraiche
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt


Filling:

1 sausage, diced
1/2 zucchini, thinly sliced and diced
1/2 onion, diced
3 dl or 1,25 cups grated cheese
2,5 dl or 1 cup creme fraiche
2 eggs
1 tablespoon pesto
1 tablespoon capers
salt and pepper to taste
oil to fry in


Mix all crust ingredients and push into baking tray.
Put the tray in the fridge while preparing the filling.

Fry up the sausage, zucchini and onion with some
salt and pepper and divide evenly into the little pie shells,
then put 1-2 tablespoons of cheese into each one.

Mix the creme fraiche, eggs, capers and pesto
and divide the sauce into the shells.

Bake in 175 C or 350 F for 20-30 minutes.
Check the filling with a stick or fork.

Enjoy!



On an entirely different note:

One of my favorite bloggers, Magaly at Pagan Culture,
is hosting a creepy sweet blog party in April!
The theme is "Bones" but the choice of expression is free.






I don't know what to do for this party yet,
but it's been a while since I wrote something
so I'm leaning towards poetry or a short story.



 




9 kommentarer:

  1. oooo, those pies look delicious! :) Thanks for the heads up for the Bone Party -- I signed up, too. And boy! Do I have some cool ideas for it! :)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

      Radera
  2. Excuse me, Ms. Misantropia, but where's the recipe for the pies? I neeeed that recipe!! I'm not good an improvising when it comes to cooking. :P

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Well, Ms Insomniac - I have now updated the post with the recipe. I hope you like it!

      Radera
    2. Oh, you're a dear! I've just printed it out and I think I shall go grocery shopping tomorrow for the ingredients! If it turns out even half as good as yours looks, I'll be satisfied ... :D

      Radera
  3. Aham, I guess, that was a good deal; they look delicious! ;) On of my boyfriend's colleagues invited us to a 'chattin' - party' at her place and everyone is going to bake something, so I think, I'm going to try your recipe...:D

    SvaraRadera

Lately I have been falling behind answering comments, for many reasons. But I read and cherish all of them! Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...