2011-07-14

Breaking Bad and the color Purple



A while ago I started watching Breaking Bad, and unusually good tv drama
about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has terminal cancer,
and starts cooking crystal meth to provide for his family when he's gone.
There's a lot to be said about this tv-show, but one thing I have noticed,
and wanna talk about today, is Marie Schrader, the purple lady of the show.
She's not a particularly likeable character, but everything she wears and everything
in her home is purple. Yes, EVERYTHING. Clothes, duvets, toasters, ladles - you name it.
This is reason enough for me to love the girl :)



From "Marie's Blog" on the Breaking Bad website:

Purple Is the Most Universally Flattering Color

I know purple isn't too popular, but if you ask me, I think it's all Miss Piggy's fault. She ruined purple for everyone. Think about it. Who wants to wear the same color as a lady pig? So I've decided it's my mission in life to undo Miss Piggy's campaign of terror and help people see how great purple is.

First of all, it's a very soothing color. Seriously, scientists have done studies with brain waves and convicts and everything. Of course, I could have told them that, because I always feel a little calmer when I wear purple. I think that's why it is the color of royalty, because if you're the king and you could wear anything you want, wouldn't you want to wear something calming? (Except, I don't think it always works, because I know Marie Antoinette must have worn a lot of purple and we know what happened to her. Whoops, head! But I bet you anything she was very relaxed when they took her to the guillotine.)

It's also versatile -- you can wear darker plum tones for evening, or cheerful lavenders for day! I am a medical professional, and I do not have time to dilly dally in the morning -- my patients need me! With purple, you don't have to agonize over your look for hours; just put together a few well-chosen basics, and voila! Instant style! (Some people will tell you that purple doesn't flatter them. Totally untrue! You just have to find the right shade.)

(Read the rest of her blog entry here.)




I rest my case.




1 kommentar:

  1. I've heard so much about this show I think I'll go and check it out. Purple is definitely one of my favorites, especially the darker plum version. Makes me really wish for fall and halloween to arrive :)

    Anna

    SvaraRadera

Thank you for commenting, I try to answer every one I get. Your comments make my day, yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...